It's Here- the First TK Day!!!
Welcome to the School Year!
Teacher Assignments Info
- IF you were not available to stop in on Friday to submit your completed registration, please be sure you have PRINTED and SIGNED your online registration CONFIRMATION-- it must be turned in to have your child attend class!
- As a TK family, you already know your classroom and teacher assignment-- Melanie LaGory, Room 15
Where To Start...
- TK will line up in front of their classroom, Room 15, at 8:45AM
There is minimal supervision in the morning. This is not an active playtime. Please have your child(ren) line up and wait for the start of the school day.The play structures should not be in use at this time. Faculty/Staff will be with the K-5 students and already have begun their work for the day.
More to Come from Ms. LaGory
Remember she is always willing to answer your questions-- just ask!
What to Bring...
- Please DO pack a healthy snack for your child(ren). They will have a chance to eat a little something at recess each morning. Make it something that they can easily manage on their own (easy open wrapping, containers with which they are familiar, etc.).
- General Tip: Label ALL clothing and personal items with a permanent marker. This will become more important as the year progresses. : )
- Good Idea: No toys are to be brought to school. This can be disruptive and problematic in the classroom setting. Thank you.
Where Do I go Next?
Parent Welcome Coffee
End of the Day
Ms. LaGory will meet you at the classroom door for pick up--remember:
- Teachers need to see the parent/caregiver before letting a student leave.
- Please let the teachers know your Child's Name at Pickup until they get to know everyone.
Be Part of it All!
Being a Room Rep is a great help to the teachers and other families in your child's class. Consider signing up for some classroom specific help
TK Room Reps:
- La Gory – No Rep signed up yet…. Click Here to sign up
Other grade level reps are listed on the Volunteer page if you are interested in seeing who the contact is for a specific classroom.
Most everything you need to know about what's going on at Washington will be emailed to you through the Roar on Thursdays. We try to repeat information at most once, making it essential to skim the Roar on a weekly basis. You'll also receive The Week Ahead on Sundays, which is a calendar listing of what's happening the next week at Washington.
You will also receive occasional communications from your Room Representative and classroom teacher. More info to follow soon… just heads up when it arrives so you know what it is all about. J
Once you have access, you will also be able to use this as an online directory to contact other Washington Families. This year there will also be a Mobile App available.
Keep your eyes open...