Mrs. Walsh's Class News
September 11, 2015
We had a short but busy week! We are also ready for some sunshine but cooler weather.
We got to enjoy awesome milkshakes today from Sonic because we won the Sonic Milkshake Party for having the most people from our class attend Sonic Night last week! Yay!!! Thank you so much for helping us to win!
Thank you for helping your child remember to bring their BAG books back to school each day. You can write down the titles of the BAG books on the PIR reading lists. We will have PIR each Friday morning. Please be sure to send in the PIR folder with your child. You can write down titles of books that you read at home with your child and books that your child reads to you.
We will have CogAT testing next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings. Testing will begin at 9:00am on each of those days. The tests last approximately for an hour. Please make sure that your child is well-rested and eats a good breakfast.
Have a great weekend! Mrs. Walsh
Sept. 23rd and 24th Early Release and Conferences
Sept. 25th Bear Share (Fun Run)
What We Learned This Week!
• Writings have a beginning, middle, and ending
• Stretching out words when spelling
• Capitalizing first letters of names
• Using correct handwriting
Reader’s Workshop/Guided Reading:
• Identifying characters and settings in stories
• independent reading and conferencing with teacher
• Literacy centers
• Short “a” word families, word parts
• First grade sight words 1-20
• Coins and their values
• Counting from 1-120, skip counting by 5’s
• Ordering numbers from least to greatest and from greatest to least
• Addition strategies and problem-solving
• Math workshop
• The 7 continents
• Using a map to find our locations
• Types of weather and the water cycle