Number Talks & Strategies
To Get Students Listening, Speaking, & Writing in Math!
Interactive Virtual Seminar
October 13, 2018 / 9am to 12pm CST
Making Math Meaningful
Who Should Attend?
Benefits of Attending
2. Explore ideas and strategies for implementing accountable talk within your math block that promotes a better understanding of math concepts.
3. Focus on ways to get students writing every day during your math block.
4. Walk away with activities and ideas for making your math block student-centered.
5. Discuss ways to increase student's conceptual knowledge through the use of nonthreatening listening, speaking, and writing tasks in your math classroom.
6. And Much More!
Meet the Presenter
"A great use of time! The length of time was great (3 hours) because it wasn't an overload of information."- Mary, IL
"This seminar gave me so many wonderful new ideas, and resources to best help me along my learning journey." - Elizabeth, NJ
"I liked being able to do this from home and having the option to participate either through the video or chat option." -Ali, TX
"I loved the interactiveness of Zoom. I love all of the ideas you have given us and tons of resources!" -Julie, TX
Number Talks & Strategies to Get Students Listening, Speaking, and Writing in Math
Saturday, Oct. 13th, 9am
This is an online event.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Saturday, October 13, 2018 / 9:00am - 12:00pm / Online
$99 per participant
Contact us about group discount for groups of 4+.
3 Hours of Professional Development Credit Will Be Earned
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. EVEN IF IT IS AHEAD OF YOUR PAYMENT. This will let us know to reserve you a seat for the training in the event we have a sold out event.
You can register by Faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
To pay by credit card, call our office at (817) 583-1290. We will send you a link to pay your registration fee online through our billing system. Credit Card payments must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the the training.
To pay by purchase order, submit your district PO by email or fax. Please make PO's payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates. Purchase Orders must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training. Please contact us if you require a W9 form.
To pay by check, please make checks payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates and mail to 374 Lantana Crossing Spring Branch, TX 78070. Checks must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!
Can't Make This Seminar?
Kelly Harmon's Book
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them