Participate in live webinars & watch recordings for FREE!
Here are just a few of the topics covered:
- Active Learning
Campus Safety & Security
- First-Year Experience
Teaching & Learning
- Technology & Online Learning
- Title IX
**Note, many of the live seminars have been cancelled in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, so there are not many right now, but on-demand webinars continue! See below!
Upcoming Live Webinars
Here's a SAMPLING of some of the upcoming webinars. View the COMPLETE webinar calendar.
On-Demand Training Videos
- Unlimited Access 24/7
- New trainings added each semester
- Earn Certificates - print an individual certificate of completion for trainings you view.
As a reminder, there are many On-Demand trainings for ONLINE INSTRUCTION AND SUPPORT. You can view these videos here.
- Incorporating Active Learning Strategies Into Your Online Teaching Environment
- Cultivating Growth Mindset & Grit In The Online Learning Environment
- Personalizing Online Learning: Tools & Strategies To Increase Engagement & Success
- Increasing Online Student Engagement And Retention Through Online Human Touch
- Creating Community & Engagement In Online Courses
- How To Make Online Discussion Assignments Manageable & Meaningful For Students & Faculty
- Online Discussions: How To Facilitate Critical Thinking & Maximize Ongoing Dialogue
- Is Your Online Instructional Content Accessible? How To Support Students With Declared & Undeclared Disabilities
- Cheating In An Online Environment: How To Prevent, Detect & Deter Dishonesty
- How To Address Plagiarism & Academic Dishonesty In Online Classes
- Moving Your Classes Online: How To Prepare & Support Learners & Instructors (4-part course)
- Improving Online Course Design To Enhance The End-User Experience
- Online Student Retention: Assessing Why Students Stay And Why They Leave
- Retaining Online Students: A Student Affairs And Faculty Perspective (2-Part Training)
- How To Observe & Evaluate Faculty In The Online Classroom
- Creating An Evaluation Process For Online Faculty
Resources and Online Support for Students
Innovative Educators has also created a free trial site which will give your students a full 30-days of free access to a number of resources:
Go2Orientation - Orientation For Online Learners
- How To Be Successful In An Online Class
- Taking Tests Online
- Managing Your Time & Combating Procrastination
- Technical Requirements
- Study Strategies For Online Classes
- Staying Motivated
- Communicating Online With Instructor & Classmates
- Academic Integrity Online
StudentLingo - Online Student Success Workshops (20 Workshops)
- Online Learning Skills
- Study Strategies & Test-Taking Skills
- Personal Management & Success Skills
- Research & Writing
You can offer students the following link to the trial site, but in order to view the site, students must sign up to create their free account:
How to Access
To participate in live webinars:
- Go to https://www.innovativeeducators.org/pages/events to view the webinar calendar.
- Select a webinar.
- Under "Webinar Pricing" select the "Go2K" option, then click "Register"
- When you are ready to Check Out, log in if you already have an IE account or enter your information and check the box to save your info for the next time to make future registrations quicker.
- Then, enter our discount code: HCC17. Once applied, the price will drop to $0.00
- You can watch this video for a step-by-step demo.
To watch on-demand recordings:
- Go to www.go2knowledge.org/hawaii-hawaiicc.
- Log in (or create a profile).
- Browse and watch any of the recordings.
- Take a Video Tour of your New Go2Knowledge Suite
NOTE: Our subscription provides access for all of our campus employees. Please do not share the codes/log in information with people outside of our College.