Oakdale Elementary's Monthly Newsletter | May 2022
Goodbye 2021-2022 - Welcome 2022-2023!
- Ms. Kopecky (4th grade) is getting married and moving to Lincoln so she will not be returning to Oakdale next year. Mrs. Di Lorenzo (5th grade) has decided to move down to 4th grade to teach with Mrs. Clark.
- New to Oakdale next year will be Mr. Robert Miller, joining us from Omaha Public Schools. He will be teaching with Mr. Williams in 5th grade.
- Mr. Ken Meints (strings teacher) has taken a position with Westside Middle and High School full time for next year. Joining us as our 5th and 6th grade strings teacher next year will be Mrs. Jennifer Johansen, from Lincoln Public Schools.
- Mrs. Liz Langford (English Language teacher) is transitioning to Westbrook Elementary next year due to shifting enrollment of our EL population. Joining us is Ms. Lorena Martinez, current 5th grade teacher at Westbrook Elementary.
- Our kitchen manager, Mrs. Gail Engen, has decided to retire at the end of this year. Stephen Geaghan, from Westside Middle School, will be taking over our kitchen for next year.
If other changes occur before the next school year, I will certainly let you know through my Friday emails or our summer newsletter. Of course we are always sad to see some of our staff leave, but we are still excited for them and their new ventures beyond Oakdale. Additionally, we are thrilled to welcome new staff through our doors.
~ Mr. Jagels
Last Day of School, Friday, May 27
12:00 p.m. Dismissal
Last Day Lunch Plans
Since we are dismissing at noon on the last day of school this year, we have modified our lunch plans. There will be NO scheduled lunch periods for our students prior to dismissal.
The district is providing a sack lunch for those students who decide to order one prior to the last day. Those sack lunches will be distributed to students at dismissal on Friday, May 27th.
Please watch for communication from your child's teacher in regards to ordering a sack lunch. These orders need to be made BY Friday, May 20th.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher.
Medication Pick Up
All Library Materials Due the week of May 16-20!
9-13 - 6th Grade Spirit Week
11 - Arts for Me! Exhibit, 5:00 @ KANEKO
12 - Student Council Meeting, 3:30
12 - Don & Millie's Night
13 - 6th grade Warrior Walkabout @ WMS during school day
13 - Spring Fling, 6:00 p.m. @ Oakdale
24 - District Strings West Fest (5th & 6th Grade), 7:00 pm @ WHS
26 - Trible Be Celebration
27 - Last Day of School, 12:00 pm Dismissal
16 - First Day of School, 8:30 a.m.
Don & Millie's Night
Remember, we have Don & Millie's restaurant nights every month throughout the year, even in the summer! Write your name on the paper provided for that night and you too could win a prize! Plus, a portion of the proceeds come back to Oakdale.
School Supplies . . . Without the Shopping!
Community Club Website and Family Directory
This year you can gain FREE access to the family directory! So make sure to confirm or update your info on the Oakdale Community Club website details to get FREE access to the directory! Easily get contact info for birthday parties and playdates. See these helpful instructions for website assistance.
Westside Middle School Show Choir Camp June 6-10
Have you always wanted to be a part of Westside show choir? Maybe you want to improve your voice or learn how to shake those bad dancing habits? Sorry parents, this ad is just for the kids. Westside Middle School is hosting their annual summer show choir camp June 6-10 at Westside Middle School for any student entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade in the Fall of 2022. Students will learn to sing and dance a full show as well as gain insights into the audition process for Westside Middle School Show Choir. Registration and more information can be found at the website: https://sites.google.com/westside66.net/westside-middle-school-choirs/edge-show-choir-camp or by scanning the QR Code.
Welcome To Oakdale - Home of the Tigers!
Oakdale Elementary's mission is to ensure academic excellence and to serve the unique needs of all learners.
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- (Be Kind)