April 26, 2023
April 26, 2023
- Apr 26 Administrative Professionals Day
- Apr 26 PLTW White Coat Ceremony, 4:30
- May 1 Senior Interims Issued
- May 3 Last day to purchase a Prom Ticket
- May 5 Two-hour Early Dismissal Day
- May 9 National Teacher Appreciation Day
- May 10 School Nurse Day
- May 18 Senior Picnic
- May 18 PPW Community Day 2023, 3-6pm
- May 19 Last Day for Seniors
2023 Compassionate Heart Award Recipient, Mrs. Dana Clark
Mrs. Dana Clark is one of two recipients for the 2023 Compassionate Heart Award for the Maryland Region. Mrs. Clark was selected for her dedication and support over the past year in the fight against cancer. Dana has represented St. Charles High School as our Relay for Life Team Captain since 2019. She will be presented with an award in mid-May by the American Cancer Society.
Battle of the Classes Spirit Week
Junior Senior Prom
Friday, May 19, from 7-11pm
Location: Jaycees Community Center, Waldorf
Theme: Emerald City
- The last day to purchase a ticket is May 3, cost $85 per ticket (cash, check, or money orders).
- Before purchasing a ticket, all debts to the school must be paid in full including senior dues and the senior field trip. Senior dues should be paid in the main office. Please have your receipts if you pay a debt on the same day you are purchasing your ticket.
- We are no longer accepting guest forms (forms were due by April 14).
- Please keep in mind that several local vendors offer donations to St. Charles High School if you mention that you are a student here.
CLASS OF 2023
*Continue to check your synergy mail for updates about laptop collection and graduation practice*
Debts & Senior Dues
All debts must be paid prior to graduation, see Ms. Bolden if you have questions about debts.
Senior Dues of $130 is due by May 1. You can pay by cash, a check/money order made payable to the school, or by credit card on MySchoolBucks.com. Any student who has not paid debts in full will not be eligible to purchase a ticket to the prom.
Senior Class Trip
May 12 to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA.
May 18 - Debts must be paid in full
Post Graduate Plans
Remember to bring, email, or forward a copy of ALL your college acceptance letters, scholarships, grants, awards, financial aid award letters, job offers, apprenticeship selections, or military commitments to Mrs. Malherek in the Career Center or email them to her at firstname.lastname@example.org or through StudentVUE!!! If you prefer the above information not to be included on the morning announcements, please notify Mrs. Malherek when submitting your information to her.
- Additional scholarship opportunities can be found on the College and Career Center webpage on the SCHS website, for a direct link click here.
May 31 - Regency Furniture Stadium at 9 a.m. Please see the direct link here for the senior newsletter for additional information regarding required graduation practices, dress attire, tickets, and parking.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?
- Networking: Get connected with parents, teachers, students and community members to be an advocate for your scholar.
- Stay in the Know: Stay up to date on the latest news, events and activities for your scholar's grade level and beyond.
- Get involved: Look for ways to get involved, boost participation and build positive synergy around St Charles High School!
To join PSTO please complete the form below. If you have questions or need more information, please contact us at PTSO.SCHS@gmail.com.
JROTC Cadet Leadership Course
North Point High School JROTC will hold their annual JROTC Cadet Leadership Course (CLC) from 26-30 June 2023. CLC is an introductory JROTC program designed to give students a sampling of JROTC activities and a jump-start on the school year. The program is open to all in-coming high school students, but is highly recommended for students who are considering taking JROTC in the coming school year. A typical day will include light physical fitness, drill and ceremony, and classroom instruction on topics such as leadership fundamentals, goal setting, time management, and being a successful student. Field trips are also a big part of the program and will be scheduled throughout the week. The training will start each morning at 7:30 am and end at 4:00 pm. Optional gym time or group activity time will be available 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Instructors will be on-site for drop-off as early as 6:00 am each morning. The cost for CLC is $150.00 per cadet. This fee covers lunch and a snack each day, CLC uniform items, and field trip transportation. Transportation to and from NPHS is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Space is limited (first-come-first-serve), so get your spot reserved as soon as possible, no later than 5 June 2023. Contact Lt Col Jonathan Brown, North Point JROTC program, for registration forms and additional details (email@example.com/301-934-7482).
Early Dismissal: If a birth parent or legal guardian (appointed by the courts) is sending someone to pick up his/her child early from school for any reason, he/she must send a written note/email indicating who will be picking up the student and giving consent. Upon receiving the note from the birth parent or legal guardian, the school will then verify its authenticity and check ID of the adult who signs the student out of the building (see the St Charles High School Student Handbook, pg. 12)
Emergency Contact: Listing an emergency contact does not allow the individual to pick up a student at any given time in a non-emergency situation without prior written authorization from the birth parent/legal guardian (per the Charles County Public Schools Handbook: Emergency Card (2022-2023) Maria V. Navarro, Ed.D. Superintendent of Schools, pg. 2).
- Deliveries for students are prohibited. Per the county's parent handbook, students are not allowed to receive outside food deliveries. Deliveries from Grub Hub, Door Dash, Uber Eats, Food Scooter, etc. Food deliveries of any kind will be turned away by our main office staff. Deliveries of balloons, cakes, flowers, etc. for students will be stored in the main office until dismissal.
- Free Breakfast is available for all students each school day from 7:10-7:25 am. MyPaymentsPlus is available to monitor your student's lunch account balance and spending.
- CCPS 24-hour information line is available 301-934-7410 or 301-392-6656, or website at www.ccboe.com. for school closing information.
- The Attendance Secretary is not responsible for robocalls. They are auto-generated and go out for excused and unexcused absences.
- To check your student's absences, go to ParentVUE and look under "Attendance". If your student is marked absent, and you know they are present, please reach out to the teacher directly in ParentVUE.
- Students are only allowed 4.5 absences for extracurricular eligibility each quarter. If absent, they need to bring a note from a parent, doctor, etc. in a timely manner.
- Attendance notes need to be submitted within 5 days of absence to be excused.
- Please clearly print the student's FIRST and LAST name, student ID number, and include the dates absent. All notes must have a parent's signature.
- Requests for administrative approval of absences must be sent to the respective grade level administrator at least 2 weeks in advance.
Meet our counseling center staff and view more information on the services available by visiting our school website, click here.
College and Career Center
The College & Career Center provides students the opportunity to research information about careers, colleges, universities, technical/trade/career schools, apprenticeship programs, military service, financial aid, scholarships, volunteer opportunities, and job opportunities. For additional information click here or stop by and speak with Mrs. Malherek, College and Career Advisor.
- Registration for the St. Charles Athletic Department's Annual Golf Tournament to support the CPL Patrick "PJ" Mann Athletic Scholarship Fund is now open! See the flyer for more information or click here to complete registration form. The tournament will be on August 18, 2023. There will be a raffle, silent auction, door prizes, and luncheon after all golfers finish the course.