October 17-21, 2016
A couple of things to add to your newsletter this week:
- Miss Brooke is in need of parent volunteers to help with recess, especially on Fridays so we can give 5/6 and 7/8 a break. Volunteers need to have a background check and go through the Safe Environment program. Miss Brooke needs someone from 10:00-10:30.
- PTO is hosting Trunk or Treat on Monday, October 31in the Visitation School's parking lot. Set up begins at 5 PM and Trunk or Treating will be from 6:00-7:30.
If you are out buying candy for your own trick-or-treaters, the PTO would love donations of individually wrapped candy! There is a box in the front office for the candy treats.
Please call or text Jennifer Barflied at (206) 251-5405 or email her at email@example.com to register your trunk ASAP!
Noteworthy dates to be aware of:
- Stephanie will give you a list of students that need to get their home language survey back to school. She wants you to process them if they do not return them by Friday, October 21.
- Tuesday, October 25 - PTO Meeting @ 6 PM
- All Saints Day is November 1. We will attend Mass @ 9 AM. Students are invited to dress up as a saint. I always request that my students know at least 3 facts about their saint. If students choose not to dress up, they need to wear FULL uniform since it is a Mass day.
- Friday, November 4 is the last day of the trimester.
Monday, October 17, 2016
- 2nd Grade will lead morning announcements and Mass this week
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Schedule for your class to arrive in the gym:
Please refer to the blue instruction sheet Margie put in your mailbox earlier in the week for other instructions.
- We will have a staff meeting in 3/4 after carpool.
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- Kathleen at St. Pat's for a MAP data meeting - all day.
- Stephanie & Kathleen meeting @ 4 PM.
- Music day!
Thursday, October 20, 2016
- At 10:20 AM we will have an earthquake drill as part of the "Great WA Shake Out." Please review the earthquake drill procedures before today with you class.
- No STEM with the Kelloggs today. They will start again on Monday, October 24.
- Students will be pulled today at various times for ELL testing.
- Stephanie, Kathleen, and Kathy meeting @ 4 PM.