PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Friday, April 8, 2016
2016 Bond Information Meetings to be Hosted by Superintendent
Plano ISD community members are invited to attend any of the remaining three
information meetings to be hosted this spring about the district’s May 7 bond election proposal. Superintendent of Schools Dr. Brian Binggeli will present information and answer questions. Meetings will be held from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the district’s high schools on the following dates:
- April 13 (Wednesday) - Jasper High School (presentation room), 6800 Archgate Drive, Plano, TX 75024
- April 25 (Monday) - Vines High School (presentation room), 1401 Highedge Drive, Plano, TX 75075
- April 28 (Thursday) - Shepton High School (library), 5505 Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75093
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * WILDCAT SPORTS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
JV CATS & VARSITY CATS vs. Plano West, Saturday, April 9th at PSHS. JV plays at 1:00pm & Varsity at 4:00pm.
JV CATS & VARSITY CATS vs. Flower Mound, Tuesday, April 12th at PSHS. JV plays at 4:30pm & Varsity at 7:30pm.
JV CATS & VARSITY CATS vs. Flower Mound, Friday, April 15th at Flower Mound. JV plays at 5:00pm & Varsity at 8:00pm.
JV & VARSITY LADY CATS vs. Plano East, Friday, April 8th at PSHS. JV plays at 5pm & Varsity at 7pm.
JV & VARSITY LADY CATS vs. McKinney Boyd, Tuesday, April 12th at McKinney Boyd. JV plays at 5pm & Varsity at 7pm.
- WILDCATS vs. Plano West, Friday, April 8th at John Clark Stadium at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs. Highland Park Dil, Wednesday, April 13th at Highland Park High School at 7:30pm
- WILDCATS vs. Rockwall, Friday, April 15h at John Clark Central Grass at 7:30pm
- VARSITY WILDCATS at the Rockin’ R Relays TODAY, April 8th at Wilkerson Sanders Stadium in Rockwall
- WILDCATS at District 6-6A Meet, Wednesday, April 13th and Thursday, April 14th at Marcus Stadium in Flower Mound.
STUDENT AND SPECTATOR BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS
We always say, Win with class; lose with class. At public events, PLEASE represent PSHS with pride and respect for the hard work of all participants.
- Show respect for the National Anthem and those who've paid the ultimate sacrifice to protect this country and our freedom.
- Cheer FOR our team, not against the other. Our athletes have worked hard to be on the playing field. They deserve our POSITIVE SUPPORT.
- Treat the opposing team and their fans with respect. Positively acknowledge their efforts.
- Similarly, bring only signs that convey a positive message.
- Follow the directions of school officials, police officers.
- Respect the decisions of the officials. Ultimately, their say is final.
- Follow UIL rules, including no mechanical noisemakers such as air horns.
- If a player is injured, show respect, and remain quiet while he/she is being tended to.
- Represent your school and yourself with pride. Many children attend these events. Be good role models for them.
* * * * * * * * * * * * EVENTS ACROSS THE CAMPUS * * * * * * * * * * *
GRADUATION ORDERS PICK-UP
Students may pick up their cap/gown, etc. orders in the Fishbowl if they placed their order prior to March 1st. YOU MUST HAVE A PHOTO ID TO PICK UP. Students may still order online @ www.texasgradshop.com or at the store…Jostens, 8 Prestige Circle, Suite 116, Allen, TX 75002, 214-383-9502.
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION-HIGH SCHOOL
On-line registration for High School Summer School started Monday, March 21st. Counselors must pre-approve courses in the registration portal. To register, visit with your counselor about course selections, then login to parent portal and complete the student emergency information from any computer with internet access. Courses pre-approved by the student’s counselor will be viewable and available for selection. Online registration and payment is the most efficient and convenient way to enroll in Summer School courses. Questions regarding registration can be directed to the campus counseling office.
- June 13 - June 30
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 5 - July 22
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 1, July 4
- Note: On the last day of each session students will be released at 10:00 am.
- Only one absence is permitted per session.
Plano East Senior High School, 3000 Los Rios Blvd, Plano TX 75074
- English, Spanish, Math, Communication Applications and SAT-PSAT Preparation Classes.
Plano West Senior High School, 5601 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
- Social Studies, Science, Physical Education and Health.
For a comprehensive list of High School Summer School course offerings, visit:http://www.pisd.edu/students/summer.school/high.school.shtml
Animal Lovers Unite! Join us in Ms. Hoffman's room, A127, after school on Mon., April 11th. We will be learning about the SPCA of Texas, a humane society, how we can improve the lives of animals, discussing and electing senior officers for next year. Together we can improve the lives of shelter animals!
2016 AP MACRO EXAM PREP
- 11 April, Monday: Units 3 & 4
- 19 April, Tuesday: Units 5 & 6 at 8am
- 28 April, Thursday: Mock Exam
All prep sessions will be in Mr. Magavern’s room after seventh period unless noted otherwise.
AP PSYCHOLOGY REVIEWS: After school in A-123
- Tues., April 12th – Tips & U1 (The Field)
- Thur., April 14th – U2 (The Mind)
- Tues., April 19th – U3 (Dev. Person) & U4 (The Environment)
- Thur., April 21st – U5 (Thinking) & U6 (Mental Health)
- Wed., April 27th - Mock Exam
- Mon., May 2nd – AP PSYCH EXAM - 12pm
PSHS CHOIR AUDITIONS
COME BE A PART OF THE AWARD WINNING, NATIONALLY RENOWNED HONOR CHOIR OF PLANO SENIOR.
- Plano Senior High: Starts next week of April 4th; Make-up Auditions will take place after school in D109 (Choir Room)
- Vines High School: Starts the week of April 18th; Auditions will take place during your choir classes.
- Clark High School: Starts the week of April 25th; Auditions will take place during your choir classes.
- Auditions will include:
-Demonstration of your vocal range.
-An 8 measure sight reading exercise
-A general singing exam
-All singers must present a most recent copy of their report card on audition day
PLEASE make plans to attend the ’16-’17 Choir Meeting on Tuesday, May 31st at 7pm in the PSHS Choir Room – D109. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
PSHS THEATRE PRESENTS...THE LAST DAYS OF JUDAS ISCARIOT
You do not want to miss the One Act Play public performance of The Last Days of Judas Iscariot on Saturday, April 9th at 7pm in the Doyle Dean Performing Arts Center at PSHS! Admission by donation.
PLANOETTE FUNDRAISER AT CHILI'S
Let Chili’s do the cooking while we support the Planoettes at the same time! Please dine at the Chili’s on 3601 N. Central Expy., Plano, Monday, April 11th between 4pm – 11pm and 20% of the event day sales will go back to this great organization. Don’t forget to bring a flyer or let your server know you are there to support the Planoettes. Thank you!
PSHS COLOR GUARD AUDITIONS
Join the PSHS Color Guard! NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!! A clinic will be held on Monday, April 25th from 4:45 – 6:45pm on the Fine Arts Building Porch. AUDITIONS are Sat., May 7th at 1pm in the PSHS Dance Room.
ONLINE TICKET PURCHASE INSTRUCTIONS:
-Log in to Parent Portal
-Scroll down to "Student Registration" window
-Click on your student's name
-Click on "Pay Now" button...this will open a window for prom ticket purchase
-Print out receipt, if possible, for student to present when time to pick up tickets
MEN’S WEARHOUSE PROM PROMOTION
NOW is the time to think about what you’re wearing to prom and Men’s Wearhouse can help you find the look that’s right for you! They’ve got the latest styles like slim fit as well as modern styles for those who like to keep it classic.
Become a Prom Rep and earn a free tux rental and suit to keep, plus you could win $25,000! Sign up for their free rewards program and save $30 on your rental. You can even get instant rewards - $10 gift cards for sports apparel, electronics, phone apps and more! You can also help earn money for your school! When you rent your tux from Men’s Wearhouse, your school gets cash back for each rental. Visit your nearest store or check out http://www.menswearhouse.com/ for all the details.
OUTDOOR MOVIE NIGHT
PLANOETTE SPRING SHOW
The Planoettes present their annual Spring Show "Tune In" from Thursday - Saturday, April 14th, 15th & 16th at the Doyle Dean Performing Arts Center, PSHS. Tickets are $10 each.
· TODAY, April 8th – Fri., April 15th from 4:15 - 6pm at the PSHS Theatre Box OfficeMonday, April 11th - Friday, April 15th during Both Lunches in the Cafeteria
ADVANCED FASHION DESIGN – WORLD WEAR PROJECT
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: