Arrival and Departure Updates
Keeping our kids safe...
We are better TOGETHER!
There is no doubt that we all have the same goal in mind: we want our children to be safe as they arrive at school and as they leave at the end of the day. Given the current physical set up of our school and the natural restrictions that come with this, we have been working to improve the traffic flow and drop off/pick up process. Staff no longer park along Taylor Street, in order to provide more parking for our visitors. However, we need YOUR help! Please take a few minutes to read the following information. If you have suggestions or ideas on how to make process even better and more safe, please contact me at 723-4066 ext 101 to share those.
Beginning of the day
- Students should exit the vehicle on the passenger side, to avoid moving into the path of oncoming traffic.
- Dropping your child off? Please use the north end of Taylor Street, between Elm and Hickory. Look for the Drop Off Zone signs- Drivers should stay with their vehicles.
- Walking your child in? Please park your vehicle on the south end of Taylor, between Hickory and Maple.
- Guests may park on either side of Taylor Street, between Hickory Street and Maple Street.
- It is important to keep our crosswalks open for pedestrians. Do not block the crosswalk with your vehicle.
- Please be patient as our Crossing Guards assist students and guests using the crossing zones.
- There should be No Parking or Drop-offs in the yellow zones.
- Thank you for following the traffic laws and helping keep our students safe.
End of the Day:
- Please do not park on the Winskill side of Maple Street- this is the Bus Loading Zone.
- Please observe the Handicap Spaces- we have one on Maple Street near the walkway leading to the front office and a second space on Maple Street near the Presentation Doors. Drivers must have a handicap sticker on their license plate or a placard hanging in their vehicle.
- Picking your child up? Establish a meeting place with your child. Some examples include: cafeteria, flagpole, bike racks, grassy area outside of the Maple Street doors.
- Coming inside? Great! We ask that you please wait for your child in the cafeteria, in order to keep our hallways clear for students to exit safely.
- For those students who are walking home, please remind them to use the crosswalks when available and to avoid walking between parked cars.
- Change in pick up plans? Please send a note with your child or contact the office at 723-4066 before 2:45 pm, to help ensure that students and staff are aware of the changes.