Jr. Scout's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher's Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Welcome: Clare, Evelyn, and Chael!
Goodbye: Kole, Charlie, and Nubia Enjoy the Scout's Classroom
May 30th - Kole
June 1st - Ms. Le Andra
June 3rd - Charlie
June 15th - Ms. Alisha
June 19th - Nubia
- 7th- Picture Day
- 7th - Teacher Appreciation Day
- 10th - Muffins with Mom
- 7th - Closed for Family Fun Day!
- 14th - Donuts with Dad
- 12-26th No Ramsey's
- July 4th - Closed
What is that?
- What is Donuts with Dad? Same as Mother's Day but instead enjoy some donuts...oh yeah!
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Classroom!
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Fav books for the month: Sesame Street: Guess Who, Easter Elmo! - Matt Mitter, Oh David! - David Shannon, Fox with Socks - Dr. Seuss
Table Time: We'll continue shaking out our letter sounds. Singing "5 Little Ducks" with letters.
Sensory, Art, Science:
We're going to enjoy coloring our letter friend of the week, and practice using our five senses to be kind to one another.
Did you know we have snack math every day? We spend this time working on counting, color recognition, shapes, and vocab. We also have math when we are singing our songs like "5 Little Monkeys, Ducks, or Zoophonic Animal" of the week.
This month we are trying to "pretend" eating and working together in the kitchen.
We're continuing to practice and learn how to use our manners, say please, thank you, and sorry. We are also working on using words to express each other.
Gross Motor/Music & Movement: We're going to spend the month doing some animal yoga poses, continue working on balancing on one foot and jumping up and down with both feet of the ground And of course "Happy and You Know It" & "Choo-Choo Train" song.
Scholastic is done for the summer. We will resume back in August! Thanks for all your orders :)
Healthy Start Wisdom
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
Thank you to all the parents for donations toward Teacher Appreciation week!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Bringing in donations of items anytime we ask...you guys rock!!
Thank you for signing up for items for Family Fun Day!
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Shoes and socks (all sizes) for back ups for when kiddos have accidents
- Storage boxes
- Clear plastic jars (i.e. mayonnaise, peanut butter, jelly..etc.)
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
What's a movie you can practically quote from start to finish?
- Ms. Alex: From teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(TMNT) 1990
Michelangelo- The pizza guy has 30 seconds.
Pizza Guy- 122 1/8...great where is 122 1/8?
Michelangelo- Your standing on it dude...just slip it down here.
(Money comes out from the city crate)
Pizza Guy- Hey this is a $10.00, the tab is $13.00.
Michelangelo- Your two minutes late dude.
Pizza Guy- Awe come on, I couldn’t not find the place.
Michelangelo- Wise man once said forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for a late pizza.
Pizza Guy- I need to a new route
- Ms. Alisha: Dirty Dancing..."Nobody puts baby in a corner" and Sandlot "You're killing me Smalls"
- Mr. Mike: Forest Gump or Pulp Fiction
- Ms. Le Andra: Sweet Home Alabama...my all time favorite movie
- Ms. Katie: Without a Paddle or SuperTroopers
- Ms. Erin: I can’t pick just one. I am a movie fantastic and own over 1,000 films. But I can say I frequently find myself quoting anything written/directed by Quentin Tarantino
- Ms. Kit: Bad Moms
Ms. Kayla: Twilight
Ms. Kelsey: I wanna say Transformers but that's such an odd thing. At the end he says "I am Optimus Prime" haha