January 14-18, 2019
Kicking into High Gear
1. Get signed up for Penny Lane Study Cafe even before retakes are needed
2. Complete HW on a nightly basis and read for 30min if they have no HW
3. Check RDS weekly to stay on top of student progress.
Academic Superbowl 2020: The Roaring 20's
Science: Mr. Buck
Math: Mrs. White
English: Mrs. Rowe
Social Studies: Miss Carnes
- Students who have their phones on them or out during the day will result in the phone being taken placed in the front office for parent pick-up.
- Chromebooks and Chromebook chargers that are left laying in the cafe, gyms, hallways, or classrooms will be returned to the library. Students will be required to sign their Chromebook back out. Students who have been irresponsible with their Chromebook more than three times may lose their opportunity to take their device home.
- We also have Panorama coming up... not sure when that window opens, but parents/guardians have an opt out if they want it.
Penny Lane Study Cafe
How is your child doing in classes?
http://rdsteach.evsc.k12.in.us/rdsparentaccess/ If you have questions or concerns about grades you can contact your child's teachers, Mrs. April Coughlin or Administration to set up meetings.
PTSA Events and Announcements
send in any box tops with your student and ask that they be given to
their homeroom teacher, the office, or Mrs. Miller or Mrs. Rodgers.
Fazoli's PTSA Giveback Night
Monday, Jan. 13th, 11am-8pm
899 North Green River Road
PTSA Meeting in room 11
Monday, Jan. 13th, 7:45am
1801 Washington Avenue
Zones of Regulation
No School Reminder
6th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Helfrich Park
Wednesday, Jan. 15th, 4:30-5:30pm
1801 Washington Avenue
7th and 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs Helfrich Park
Thursday, Jan. 16th, 4:30-6:30pm
2603 West Maryland Street
WMS Expectations and Procedures Handbook
Dress Code Reminders
Cool Weather Items
Type: hoodless sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts, vest, zip up fleece, softshell or cardigan worn with a collared button down or polo shirt underneath
Colors: any solid color
Logo: small manufacturers logos are acceptable; school logos are permitted
The following is unacceptable at WMS and will not be allowed:
· Unnatural hair colors (bright red, burgundy, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink or purple) .
· Body piercings, excluding ears. Earrings that pose a safety hazard or that are disruptive in nature
· Visible tattoos
· Skinny style pants, stretch pants or tight fitting clothing
· Hats or head coverings inside the school
· Cell Phones, large purses, gym bags, backpacks, backpack style purses, and drawstring bags must be kept in students’ lockers from 7:30am to 2:30pm.