All about Ernest Hemingway
By: Raleigh Scherer
2) For his service, he was awarded the Italian Silver Medal of Bravery
3) During his time in the hospital, he met Agnes von Kurowsky in which he proposed to and she accepted. She later left him for another man.
4) when Ernest wasn't writing, he was big-game hunting in Africa, bullfighting in Spain, deep-sea fishing in Florida.
5) Ernest had a job of reporting on the Spanish Civil War in 1937.
6) He later served in World War II which was his third war to have experience with.
7) After WWII, Ernest continued his adventures and survived many wounds and plane crashes while in Africa.
8) In 1954, he won the Nobel prize for literature.
9) Ernest was married 4 times in his semi-short life
10) During his time as an ambulance driver, he carried a man to an aid station with 200 shell fragments in his knee
11) As a boy, Ernest helped his dad who was a doctor on house calls
12) His book "The Old Man and The Sea" won him the 1953 Pulitzer prize.
13) Ernest suffered heavily from alchoholism and depression in his later years
14) He was treated for high-blood pressure and kidney problem while in Ketchum, Idaho
15) Ernest attempted suicide in the spring of 1961 and was treated for his second time.
16) Ernest successfully commited suicide by shooting himself on July 2, 1961. He was 41.
17) Ernest's granddaughter overdosed on drugs on July 1, 1996. Ernest commited suicide in her studio apartment.
18) As a child, Ernest's mother wanted a girl so when he was born she dressed him like a girl until the age of 6 when he confronted his mother and asked her for boy clothing
19) Ernest moved to Cuba in his later years because the US government was always watching him
20) By his death, ernest wrote 10 novels, 10 collections of short stories, 2 non-fictions, and 3 autobiographys.