Southwood School Newsletter
Parent Teacher Conferences November 9
Appointments can be made using your Parent Portal account until November 8th.
Log In to Parent Portal
On the Navigation Bar (left side) select Parent Teacher Meetings
Next to Select Appointment use the drop down box to choose your appointment time
Click the blue Book Appointment button
If you have any questions please feel free to email your child's teacher.
If your child does not attend Kindergarten that day, please bring them to the front office at 9:00 a.m. and we will escort them to the gym to have the picture taken.
For any questions or concerns about pictures or your order please contact Lifetouch at 1-866-457-8212.
Time Machine Book Fair
Items will be shipped directly to your home! Visit the school website for more information!
Proceeds from our book fair go to support our library and school extra curricular activities.
Ned Show - NED's Mindset Mission
Students will learn:
- The Power of Yet - If you're not good at something, it just means you're not good at it yet.
- How to spark courage in others
- How to keep learning and growing, even when they think they already know something
Preview the show here https://youtu.be/Gn8EgAYdfHI
Christmas Caring Project November 12 - 26
We would like to thank you for your support with Drive Away Hunger last month. We have another caring project that we would like to share with you!
We are planning to help out the Steinbach Community Christmas by collecting items to fill their hampers that will be delivered before Christmas.
We have two projects planned.
The first is a toy drive which is for all students Kindergarten - Grade Four. We will be collecting new, unwrapped toys for children newborn to 17 years old ( no toy guns please ).
As well, we will be holding another food drive to help fill the Christmas hampers. We have decided to divide the items and ask house color to collect specific items.
We will be collecting the items from November 12 - November 26.
Cake mixes, cookies, juice boxes
Boxed or canned soup, pasta, pasta sauce, kraft dinner, sidekicks rice or pasta
Crackers, cheez whiz, household cleaners, garbage bags
Yellow Yakity Yaks
Porridge, cream of wheat, cereal, pancake mix, pancake syrup
Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, cooking oil, canned corn, canned fish or meat
Baby formula, diapers, wipes, baby food, baby crackers, ivory snow laundry detergent
Dish soap, laundry detergent, fabric softener, hand soap, tooth paste, toothbrushes, deodorant
If you are able to participate, please send the items to school with your child. Thank you kindly for your support!
Christmas This Year Will Be A Little Different
Christmas Card Fundraiser
- Up to Nov 8 - Book Parent Teacher Conference
- Nov 2 - 15 Virtual Book Fair
- Nov 9 - Admin PD Day - NO CLASSES
- Nov 9 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- Nov 9 - deadline for ordering Eco Art House cards
- Nov 10 - Assembly - 12:00 p.m.
- Nov 11 - Remembrance Day - NO CLASSES
- Nov 12 - 26 - Food Collection - Christmas Caring Project
- Nov 13 - Picture Retakes (first thing a.m.)
- Nov 19 - NED Show - NED's Mindset Mission virtual live stream
- Nov 25 - Report cards available on Parent Portal at 9:00 a.m.
- Nov 25 - Assembly - 2:00 p.m.
- Dec 4 - Assembly 12:00 p.m.
- Dec 18 - Assembly 2:00 p.m.
- Dec 21 - Jan 3 - Winter Break