Moana Jr. Day 7!
ADVANCED MUSICAL THEATRE CAST- 7/20/2021
You can change the language of this email by scrolling to the bottom and using google translate.
Hi Moana Jr. campers and families,
Today was a super exciting day here at Rock Ridge. The campers got their first rehearsals on the auditorium stage!
They spent their time in the performance space walking through much of the show with their directing teams and making sure they understood the differences in spacing between their rehearsal room and the stage. They were also able to admire all the beautiful work that's been completed by the tech campers over the past 7 days!
During the afternoon, the campers got the opportunity to sit back and watch the youth campers perform everything they've learned so far. The AMT Cast was a great audience, even giving the kids a standing ovation once they finished!
Other than that, they continued fixing moments throughout the script they still needed clarification and improvement on before dress rehearsals begin.
Be sure to check out our recap video below!
We can't wait to have everyone back in the morning!
Camp Dates and Times:
Monday, July 19th - Friday, July 23rd from 9 am - 4 pm
PERFORMANCE: Sunday, July 25th at 3 pm
TOMORROW IS FAVORITE COLOR DAY! Deck out in your favorite color!
OFF BOOK DATE
1. PICKUP TIME - Pickup starts promptly at 3:45. We ask that parents arrive as close to that time as possible so students aren't left to sit with our staff past camp's close
2. DROP OFF - When dropping off your students for the day, please pull all the way up. We ask that you don't park and get out of your cars to bring your students in the building, or allow your student to walk across the parking lot to arrive every day. It can be a safety issue and we don't have staff designated to watch traffic and crossing lanes for students.
3. JAZZ SHOES - If students don't already have their jazz shoes, they need to have them at the very latest by the start of camp this coming Monday. Please order them if you haven't yet!
4. KNEE PADS - Campers in the Ocean ensemble have multiple moments during the show in which they have to spend extended periods on their knees. If they would like, they are welcome to bring in knee pads for rehearsals for a little more comfort.
5. DRESS CODE - Please keep in mind the dress code when getting ready for camp each day. We want the campers to be comfortable, but not in any clothing that they may need to continually adjust as it can distract/limit them and their movement.
6. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!!!!
Please encourage your campers to practice! They learn a lot here and in order for them to be ready for their performance, we ask they use the videos below to review all they've been taught.
Please make sure that your child has Jazz Shoes ready to go! While we will be providing a costume for every student, we do not provide shoes. Please visit Amazon and type in "JAZZ SHOE." They can be either tan or black. HERE IS A LINK TO SOME JAZZ SHOES ONLINE
How to prepare for Camp!
- Your Clear Bin with the following supplies below
- A Reusable Water Bottle that is unique and clearly marked with your child's name.
- Movement Clothes! You will be dancing a lot throughout the day.
- Jazz Shoes or Tennis Shoes for movement.
- A packed lunch that will not go bad (with appropriate silverware). There will be no microwaves this year as this is a high-touch surface.
- A Mask
- Sun Screen - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
- A Hat/Sunglasses - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
Director of Health and Safety - Medication
She will be available throughout camp to help with all of your child's physical and emotional needs.
Pick-Up and Drop Off - NEW PROCEDURES
PICK-UP: 3:45 - 4:15 - Pick Up will occur in front of the Main Lobby. Students will be individually released to the cars to prevent students from crossing in front of traffic.
Early Pick-up/Late Drop-Off
Please do not call us; email is the MOST effective way to get in touch with us.
How do I purchase tickets?
Additionally, instructions on how to purchase will be in this email.
Tickets will go on sale to you on Monday, July 12th, and to the public on July 13th.
If you have questions about purchasing tickets or accessing your ticket codes, please email Ian Underhill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will allow up to 600 audience members per performance so that tickets will be open to the general public, and there will be no limit on how many tickets you can purchase.
WHAT TO BRING
We request that all students bring their materials in a clear bin. No book bags. This allows us to help students quickly and efficiently find materials. Additionally, the clear bin is a great way for students to store things in a tidy way. Would you please not bring book bags to the program? We strongly recommend a large enough bin to fit a folder, a lunch box, shoes, make-up, and misc. Items.
Here is the Link we are recommending from Amazon.
Please steer clear of anything with nuts, as we have a few students with severe nut allergies.