Global Education Day at ISTE 2020
Anaheim, CA • June 28, 2020
Global Education Day at the 2020 ISTE Conference
Sunday, June 28th, 2-5pm
Convention Center, Anaheim, CA, USA
ISTE registration is required; admittance to this event is on a first come, first served basis. Anyone is welcome to attend, but participants and facilitators in the ignite talks, design activities, and tool smackdown must be representing a non-profit or be a sponsor of the Global Education Conference.
Join Us at the International Society for Technology in Education Conference
This participatory event will feature:
*Inspirational ignite talks by noted educators and organizations working to connect classrooms
* Design activities related to bringing the UN's Sustainable Development Goals into schools
* A global resource cool tools smackdown in which attendees will share the best resources and tools for creating global experiences for students
*Resources from participating global education non-profit organizations
There are some changes for GED this year:
1. Register to attend the ISTE conference in order to attend the Global Education Day on June 28th. ISTE requires a registration fee; Global Education Day does not require an additional fee.
2. Our event will have limited seating and there is no pre-registration for the event itself.
3. Attendees will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 2 PM on June 28th.
4. If you want to serve as an ignite speaker, design activity facilitator, or share resources at our Global Resource Fair, sign up here. We will reserve seats for those chosen for these activities provided that people have registered for the ISTE conference.
5. Everyone is welcome to attend; only non-profit organizations and employees can participating in our leadership activities. For information on supporting this event, please contact Steve Hargadon.
Want to give an ignite talk, participate in our Global Resources Fair, facilitate our design activities (no experience necessary) or share a resource during our Global Resources Smackdown? Fill out this form!
Here's our schedule:
2:00 - 2:15 Open Remarks by Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon
2:15 - 3:00 First 2 ignite talks
3:00 - 3:30 PM Design Sprint 1
3:30 - 3:45 PM Next two ignite talks
3:45 - 4:15 PM Design Sprint 2
4:15 - 4:30 PM Last two ignite talks
4:30 - 4:45 PM Project Pitches
4:45 - 5:00 PM Global Resources Smackdown
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to provide travel assistance to this informal meeting. Travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the attendees. Please register ONLY if you will be in Anaheim, California, at the end of June 2020.
You must be registered for the ISTE conference to attend the FREE Global Education Day Event. Space is limited and entrance to the GED will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sign up here to give an ignite talk, serve as a design sprint facilitator, and/or to participate in our Global Resources Fair. We will reserve a space for volunteers. Also, use this form to sign up to receive email updates from us.
About GlobalEd Events and the Global Education Conference Network
Support our work and keep these events free for educators by sponsoring any of our events. Contact Steve Hargadon at email@example.com for more details.
Follow Us on Social Media
Become a member of our online community and connect with educators and organizations from 180+ countries.