Dissociative Identity Disorder
Hailey Wright 10/14/16 Health-6
How many identity's do you have.
Can be caused by trauma during childhood
- self-destructive behavior,
- altered consciousness
- feeling detached from self
- mood swings
Can be found anywhere from 3-60+
- Less common in ages 3-13
- Most common in ages 14-60+
The only treatment is to talk
- A talk therapy focused on modifying negative thoughts, behaviors, and emotional responses associated with psychological distress
- Psychological counseling that helps families resolve conflicts and communicate more effectively
- Treatment of mental or behavioral disorders through talk therapy.
DID you know?
- Its rare desiese
- Its usually a reaction to trauma as a way to help a person avoid bad memories.
- It can not be cured but treatment may help.
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong
- Fewer than 200,000 US cases per year
Schizophrenia & Dissociative Disorders: Crash Course Psychology #32