Miss Marney's Class December 14,2015
This Month at Starside
Monday December 14
- O Day: Library
- Sparkle Math
- PTA Pizza Hut NIght
Tuesday December 15
- M day: PE and Music
- Sparkle Reading
Wednesday, December 16
- E day: Art
- Sparkle Homework Help
Thursday December 17
- T day: PE and Music
- Sparkle Clubs
- PTA Winter Movie Party
Friday, December 18
- No School
December 18-January 4th Winter break No School
Winter Break Challenge
Both activities are optional.
Thank you for Sharing your Child
I hope you and your family have a wonderful and relaxing winter break.
Extended Absence Reminder
Please be sure to let the office know when your student will be absent for an extended period. You will need to complete our Extended Absence Request Form. This helps your child’s teacher to prepare work and plan for your child’s absence. It also assists our office maintain accurate attendance reporting. Forms are located in the Starside office.
We are continuing to work on subtraction. The objectives we will focus on are the following:
- Subtraction regrouping 1 ten for 10 ones
- models to subtract two and one digit numbers
- subtracting two and one digit numbers
- models to subtracting two digit numbers
- subtracting on a number line
- using addition to check subtraction
- ways to subtract
Don't forget xtramath.org is a great resource for practicing math facts. All addition facts should be mastered by December. Subtraction facts should be mastered by May.
Skills that can still be reviewed:
- time to 5 minutes
- counting by 5's forwards and backwards
- adding facts up to 20
- place value number of tens and ones in a problem
- subtraction facts up to 20
Fun math games for practice
Reading and Writing
The Kansas Library has free digital books. If you go to this page you can click on many different types. The one we use in class the most is Tumble books.
STEM in December
We will be doing turkey baster launchers. We will see how far we can launch a ping pong ball with a turkey baster. If you have any turkey basters we would appreciate them. We are needing at least 5. We have plenty of ping pong balls.
Follow the Activities of Our Class on Social Media
- Class Twitter account @StarsideMarney.
- Text Messages from me when you text @missmarn to 81010. When you sign up, your child will get a pencil from me.
- You can also follow Starside @StarsideComets