PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Monday, September 21, 2015
DON'T FORGET!! OPEN HOUSE TONIGHT!!
Please plan to attend OPEN HOUSE TONIGHT, September 21st from 6:30-8:30pm. It is a great opportunity for you to meet our amazing faculty and staff and to learn about your student's daily schedule. The evening kicks off in the Theater with remarks from the principal then parents will follow the student schedule. A printable schedule is attached to this eNews to assist you during the evening. Hope to see you at Open House!
* * PSHS PTSA (PARENT, TEACHER, STUDENT ASSOCIATION) * *
- Take advantage of the opportunity to practice one of these important college tests this Saturday, 9/26, at PSHS: PSAT, SAT, ACT, and StartUp (combo of ACT and SAT). The cost is just $10-15, and the registration deadline is 9/23. Remember PRACTICE makes PERFECT! Students from all schools are welcome! https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Princeton_Review_Practice_Exams
- Volunteers are needed to help with the DFW Solar Tour at PSHS on 10/3 and the Homecoming Dance game tables on 10/17. View the available shifts at this link. Thanks to all of the wonderful volunteers who helped with the Student IDs over the past couple of weeks as it made the whole process much more efficient! https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Volunteer
- Parents, if you would like a way to get involved at PSHS, an opportunity is available to become the Environmental Chairperson! To find out more about this position, please contact Jackie Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you don’t have time to take on a volunteer role but would still like to contribute to the PSHS community, one way is to make a tax deductible donation. The PTSA uses the money for things like student scholarships, classroom support, teacher appreciation, and more. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/donate
- This Saturday, 9/26, is Plano Volunteer Day at the North Texas Food Bank. You get to help the hungry by packaging food at the main distribution facility at 4500 S. Cockrell Hill Rd., Dallas, TX 75236. Choose a shift from 9:00-11:30 or 1:00-3:30. www.ntfb.org/volunteer
- Save the date! Wednesday, September 30th - ALL DAY! Raising Canes (15th and Alma) Restaurant Fundraiser! All you have to do is mention you are from Plano Senior High School when ordering. Help the PTSA earn money for Scholarships, Teacher Requests, Community Requests, and more!
- Join PTSA! Your membership enables many valuable programs. Once you are a member, you may access the directory at https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/directory. Students who are members both years are eligible to win a scholarship. Join: https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Open_Forms
- Here are ways to keep in touch with the PSHS PTSA.
- Website: www.planoseniorptsa.org;
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Planoseniorptsa;
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/planoseniorptsa
- Easy and free! The PSHS community gets a donation every time you shop when you link your shopping card or app to our PTSA using the codes listed below.
- Donate peanut butter for the Plano Food 4 Kids Peanut Butter Drive in September. Drop-off sites include multiple Plano Kroger locations, Plano Municipal Center, any Plano Recreation Center, any Plano Public Library, Plano Fire Department, Plano Police Department, and The Shops at Willow Bend. http://web.ntfb.org/document.doc?id=493
- These spirit wear designs are almost sold out. Order yours today! https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/spirit_wear.
* * * * * * * * * * * * BOOSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS * * * * * * * * * * * *
PLANOETTE FUNDRAISER AT CHIPOTLE TONIGHT!!!
BAND FUNDRAISER AT CHILI'S
Are you tired of cooking? Ready to take a break and let some else serve you for a change? Come to Chili's at Preston & Park Blvd. on Tuesday, Sept. 22nd from 4-10pm and support the Plano Band. Bring the flyer and give it to your server and they will take care of you! (see below) Thank you for supporting the Plano Band!
PLANO DRUMLINE COMPETITION
PSHS CHOIR CRAFT FAIR
MEN'S SOCCER BOOSTER CLUB
- Calling all Wildcat Fans that like to golf!!! The Men’s Soccer Program will be hosting it’s First Annual Golf Tournament on Monday, October 12th at Twin Creeks Country Club in Allen, Texas. Proceeds from the tournament become scholarships for deserving senior players. Golf tournament information and registration forms are located on our website at www.wildcatsoccer.com GO PLANO!!!!!!
PLANO BASEBALL BOOSTER CLUB
Update from Plano Baseball Booster Club
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- Homecoming Parade - Wednesday, October 14th.
- Golf Tournament – Tuesday, November 3rd. Registration forms are located at planowildcatsbaseball.com. Contact Randy Wolff with questions at email@example.com.
- Holiday Poinsettia sale – Orders due by Tuesday, December 1st. Flowers will be delivered on Friday, December 4th. Contact Deanna Maas with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Plano Wildcats Baseball:
PLANOETTE MUM SHOP
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: