The Phoenix Post
Aspire K-12 Updates | Week Ending October 28th, 2022
In this Edition...
- This week @ the Innovation Center... 🏢
- Amazon Wishlist 💖
- Principal's Corner🍎
- Upcoming Events🤩
- Important Dates📅
- K-12 Reminders ✔️
- Student Progress
- School Pictures
- MyHours Attendance
- Device & Material Pick-Up
- K-6 Updates📘
- 7th & 8th Grade Updates 😎
- 9th-12th Grade News🖥️
- Aspire PLC 🤝
- What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
- Aspire on F.I.R.E. 🔥
This week @ the Innovation Center... 🏢
Aspire Amazon Wishlist! 💖
Principal's Corner 🍎
Greetings Aspire Families,
Thank you to our amazing Aspire families that were able to join us for Trunk or Treat and make it a success, we look forward to seeing you all at our next event on December 2nd for Jingle Mingle.
Please check you students Canvas courses for any upcoming examinations or district interims.
As always, if you questions or concerns, please contact your administrator, Juliet Amara 7-12 and Laura Victor K-6 @ Aspire@dvusd.org .
Aspire Upcoming Events 🤩
Student Success Event!
Our special guest, Mark Breyer from the Husband and Wife Law team, will be at the Innovation Center and will deliver a short speech on overcoming obstacles and the power of positive communication! A light dinner will be served! Don't miss it!!
**This event has been updated to start at 5PM. A light dinner will be serve at 5pm, with our guest speaker beginning at 5:30pm**
Wed, Nov 16, 2022, 05:00 PM
20402 North 15th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Aspire: Trunk or Treat! 🎃
Looking forward to seeing students and families this evening for the Aspire Truck or Treat!
Scholastic Virtual Book Fair 📚
- November 1-14
- Online Shopping: Book Fair Link
- Books shipped directly to your house
- Books for grades K-12
- Aspire earns 25% of all proceeds in books which will be used to create a small library at the Innovation Center
Spread the word! 📣
Kinder Round Up!
Jingle Mingle 🔔
In-Person Student Learning Opportunities 📚
Aspire T-Shirts For Sale 👕
November 1: Kindergarten Round-up: In-person at the Innovation Center at 5:00pm
November 3: Kindergarten Round-up: Virtual Zoom Link at 5:30pm
November 1-14: Scholastic Virtual Book Fair
November 8th: Choir begins for 4th-8th grade | 3:30-4:00PM
November 9th: Future Freshman Night | 5-6:30PM
November 11th: Veterans Day *No School*
November 16th: 7-12 Student Success Event - 5PM @ the Innovation Center!
November 21st-25th: Thanksgiving Recess *No School*
*Students in grades K-8 who are unable to demonstrate success (as determined by assessments and/or submitted coursework) are required to attend the synchronous instruction. This is a great way to support student academic growth. *
Device & Q2 Materials Pick-Up
Device Pick-Up Hours:
Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM
If you have any questions or need to make other arrangements for picking up devices/materials, please contact us at Aspire@dvusd.org. We are here to help!
Dr. Victor's Dreambox DoorDash! 🥪
Want lunch delivered to your home by Dr. Victor?! All you have to do is play DreamBox!
This is for any K-8 fulltime Aspire Student!
How it works:
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for every 5 DreamBox lessons that they complete each week up to 2 entries (for 10+ lessons)
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for completing 40 minutes of Amplify (K-5)/NoRedInk (6-8)
- Drawings will be held once at the end of the month.
- The student whose name is drawn will get to pick what they would like Dr. Victor to bring them for lunch. This will be coordinated with their parent/guardian.
We can't wait to celebrate students and their hard work!
Reach out to your classroom teacher if you have questions!
Birthday Shout-outs! 🎂 📢
Aspire is excited to offer different clubs to promote student social interaction and interests!
- Choir Club starts November 8th and will be held for all 4th-8th grade students. Please email Mr. Stanford or send a Canvas message with your students full name and grade if your student if interested! email@example.com
- Science Club from 1:15-2:00pm on Mondays for K-3 grade students with Mrs. Link and Mrs. Bushbaum
- Book Club from 1:30-2:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 4-6 grades with Mrs. Gottlieb (In person or Virtual)
See the flyers below for additional in-person and virtual club opportunities!
Book Club - 4th-6th Grade!
7th & 8th Grade Updates😎
Thank you to 7th and 8th graders who attended the recent in-person assessments!
Upcoming IN-PERSON Math Assessments:
Students in 7th and 8th grade will need to complete the Math District Interim Assessment at the Innovation Center.
- Date: November 8th OR 10th
- Location: In-person at the Innovation Center - students need to arrive by 1:45PM.
- Testing will be from 2pm-3:30pm. The test should talk about an hour to complete.
- Click here for additional details!
Future Freshman Night
9th-12th Grade News 🖥️
Attention Seniors! 🎓
Graduation is right around the corner! It is time to prepare for your big day by purchasing your cap, gown, and memorabilia as the Class of '23!
Act now to take advantage of limited time offers!!
Learning Lab 🖥️
Visit the Learning Lab for in-person support with 9-12 Aspire teachers!
- Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
- Time: 2 PM-6 PM
- Location: Innovation Center
The Learning Lab will always be staffed by at least two full-time online teachers. To schedule a time to meet with a specific teacher for support, please reach out to them in Canvas!
Click here to view the calendar with Learning Lab availability for the semester!
Upcoming Events that will impact the Learning Lab:
November 9th - Future Freshman Night - Learning Lab will CLOSE at 4pm
November 16th - Student Success Event - Learning Lab will CLOSE at 5pm
In-Person District Assessments 📝
For 22-23 School Year, some district assessments are required to be completed in-person by Aspire students. Click here for more information regarding District Assessments.
Upcoming Required In-Person Assessments:
- HS Civics Test - Nov. 1st or 3rd
- Chemistry: Unit 2 - Nov 2nd or 3rd
- US History 1 | Fall DBQ - Nov. 8th or 10th
- Anatomy 1 | Test 2 - Dec. 6th or 8th
- Forensics 1: Unit 3 Test - Dec. 6th or 8th
- Biology 1: Homeostasis - Dec 5th or 9th
- Spanish Assessment - December 7th - 12PM-5PM
If your child is enrolled in one of the above courses,
communication regarding these assessments has been sent out.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspire PLC 🤝
Aspire wants to keep our families and community updated with the hard work that teachers are doing in their PLC groups on Early Release Friday's!
This week, K-6 teachers at Aspire are looking at data and working together to continue the process of providing ways to provide academic remediation and enrichment for students.
7-12 teachers are continuing to work on Standards Based Grading mindset in their courses!
What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
Happy fall ya’ll!
Come join the Aspire PTSA and get involved in our school community!
Next meeting: Wednesday October 26th at 5:00pm at the zoom link below.
Zoom link: Aspire PTSA
PTSA will have a car at the Trunk or Treat Night! Come introduce yourself to our PTSA board on October 28 from 3:00-5:00pm 🚗
Join the Aspire PTSA today! Use the QR code.
Family membership: $6
Business membership: $25