Job Interview Process
By: Trevor Holcomb
Before The Interview
- Research the company before the interview.
- Prepare your resume and submit it to the company.
- Also be prepared to answer and ask questions during the interview.
During The Interview
- When first meeting the employer have a firm handshake and introduce yourself.
- When going to the interview be 5-15 minutes early so that you are not late.
- Make sure to bring an extra copy of your resume.
- One question you could ask the employer is "If I where to get the job when would I start".
Five Common Interview Questions
- Whats your greatest strength; to answer this question pick your strengths that apply to the job.
- Whats your greatest weakness; to answer this question use real life experiences to show how you overcame them.
- Tell me a little about yourself; to answer this question start with a strong simple statement about yourself.
- Why should we hire you; to answer this question use your experiences to compare to the job description.
- What do you know about us; to answer this question research the company before the interview so you know about them.
After The Interview
- Before getting up and leaving the interview make sure the employer is done talking.
- Once the employer is done stand up shake their hand and tell them thank you for their time.
- After the interview send a thank you to the company and tell them thank you for the opportunity to get interviewed.
How to Dress For The Interview
Women: suit or a suit and skirt, conservative shoes and limited jewelry, little make-up and perfume.
Men: suit with a solid color, belt, tie and dark socks, neat professional hair style, limit the afters shave.
How to Dress for a Job Interview
- Don't chew gum during the interview.
- Don't tell jokes or funny stories during the interview.
- Don't be soft spoken.
- Don't smoke even if the employer offers you to.
Interview Dos and Don'ts