What's New in C2
January 25 - 29, 2016
Learning in C2
Math- Learners are solving foundational multiplication skills (groups of numbers, arrays, and repeated addition). Learners have begun to explore specific attributes of shapes with a given number of angles or equal faces.
Project Work- Classes are gathering information about their topics through field expert visits, books, observation, and online sources. As learners are ready, they will be guided toward the design phase of the project.
Michael using the oval shape to create a turtle.
Learning about timelines and chronological order during the medieval time period.
Thinking, Innovating, and Creating as we put arrays, groups of, and repeated addition into practice!
Playground progress inspires writers!
We have used various materials this week to practice arrays, groups of numbers, and repeated addition.
February 5 - Group Picture Day!
February 8 - Miss Alexander's Birthday
February 9 - C2 POP Time
February 12 - Family Valentines Party
February 12 - PTSA Cookie Orders Due
February 15 - No School - Teacher work day
February 16-19 - Book Fair
February 18- PTSA Meeting
February 21- Mrs. Franklin's Birthday
March 12 - Mayor's Marathon
Come join us for breakfast!
We are in the beginning stages of launching Pike Road Papas. This is an opportunity for Dads to get involved in the lives of our students. In conjunction with Pike Road Papas, we are inviting families to breakfast every Friday morning. You can eat with your children and with others who tend to gather around visiting Dads and Moms. Come share your family's love with the Pike Road Family.
Breakfast for adults costs $2.50 and breakfast for learners cost $2.00.
- Miss Alexander's Family: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4faead29abfc1-mystery
- Mrs. Davis's Family: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F084BADAB2CA31-mystery
- Franklop's Family:
- Mrs. Housley's Family: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e4cabaf23a0f58-mystery
- Mrs. Steindorff's Family: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e4ea4a62fa5f49-mystery
Reading for Education Fundraiser
Checking Our Prior to Dismissal
* Please do not feel obligated to donate. We would be grateful to receive items, but it is in no way expected. Due to the nature of our learning, our students go through a lot of supplies. We happily order and buy supplies regularly, but these are some of the most frequently needed items.
Miss Alexander’s Family
8 ½ x 11 paper (white and colored)
Mrs. Davis’s Family
Amazon Wish List - http://amzn.com/sl/3URB63P4SU3ZF
Mrs. Franklin’s Family
Mrs. Housley’s Family
hole reinforcement stickers for notebook paper
Mrs. Steindorff’s Family
Miss Waldrop’s Family
Clear page protectors
PRS Health and Wellness Equipment Drive
Donated items can be delivered to Coach Klinger in the gym:
- soccer balls
- yoga mats
- wiffle golf balls
- 14-foot jump ropes
- ping-pong balls
- bean bags
- hula hoops
- stacking cups
*Please remember to send your child with appropriate footwear for Health and Wellness Class (Physical Education).
How was your day?
Try one of these conversation-starters:
- Tell me about the best part of your day.
- What was the hardest thing you had to do today?
- Did any of your classmates do anything funny?
- Tell me about what your lead learner read to your class.
- Tell me about what you read today.
- Who did you play with today? What did you play?
- What's the biggest difference between this year and last year?
- Which quiet station did you go to today? What did you do there?
- Which free exploration station did you go to today? What did you do there?
- With whom did you sit at lunch?
- Can you show me something you learned (or did) today?
- Are you working on a project right now? How's it going?
- What's something that you are looking forward to at school?
- Did you have Art, Music, Drama, or PE today? What did you do there?
C2 Lead Learners
Miss Alexander: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Franklin: email@example.com
Mrs. Housley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Steindorff: email@example.com
Miss Waldrop: firstname.lastname@example.org