The Principal's Message
Cambridge School's Weekly Parent Newsletter
~ The Upcoming Week ~
9.25.2014 - Thursday
- NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
- NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
9.29.2014 - Monday
- 7:30pm - Board of Education Meeting - Recognition of our AWESOME PTO!
9.30.2014 - Tuesday
10.1.2014 - Wednesday
- EARLY RELEASE DAY!! (Professional Development)
10.2.2014 - Thursday
10.3.2014 - Friday
~ IMPORTANT NOTES ~
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
Although short, this week was filled with great learning! Thank you to our wonderful PTO and tons of volunteers for coordinating a successful Picture Day!! The children were certainly dressed to impress!
Please note that next Wednesday, October 1st, is an Early Release Day. Please double check the dismissal times for all programs.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Mrs. Capes :)
JOIN ODYSSEY OF THE MIND!
A form to join the wonderful ODYSSEY OF THE MIND experience in South Brunswick was sent home, or will be sent home today. ODYSSEY OF THE MIND is a great opportunity for children to participate in problem-solving, critical thinking, and creative challenges. Please contact Mrs. O'Brien with any questions.
TO REGISTER, download the Friday Folder announcement by clicking here!!!
~ PTO NEWS ~
Tests e-mails have been sent regarding our first round of clubs. Club confirmations will go out ONE WEEK before the start of your program. If you did not receive a test e-mail, please contact Christina.O'Brien@sbschools.org
Club Confirmations were sent out ONLY for the 4/5 Super Science Program, which will begin this upcoming Thursday, October 2. All other programs will start the week of October 6th.
Reminder: Please remember our Super Science Program is in need of the following items (thank you to those who have helped so far!):
- Empty and clean 16.5 ounce water bottles with their lids.
- Progresso Style Soup Cans (Pull-Tab style- without sharp edges).
- Spaghetti jars with their lids.
5th Grade Fund - Fundraiser - KidStuff Books
It is that time of year again. It is time for the KidStuff fifth grade fundraiser. All fifth graders will be bringing home a KidStuff coupon book to browse. All other students (PreK-4) should will receive a KidStuff flyer order form.
If you would like to order one or more coupon books from any of the over 20 different editions offered please complete the form and attach a check (made out to Cambridge PTO) or cash in a sealed envelope labeled KidStuff and your child's name. Any books not wanted must be returned by September 29th in the condition they were sent home.
For every 5 books ordered your family earns a free book!
If you have any questions please contact Becca Gater firstname.lastname@example.org.
5th GRADE FUND
Do you know what the 5th Grade Fund is? It's money that the PTO spends to celebrate our 5th Grade students as they attend their last year at Cambridge School. Even if your child is not a 5th grader this year, you should support this sale because one day your child WILL be a 5th grader at Cambridge School and the PTO will celebrate them as well!
As part of the 5th Grade Fund, the PTO provides FREE to each 5th Grade Student:
- Special 5th Grade T-Shirts with each student's signature
- Refreshments at the 5th Grade Farewell
- Funds to offset the cost of the 5th Grade Trip
From the Health Office
All kindergarten students and students new to the school district need a physical and need to submit a form. If you have any questions or need a form, please contact me.
Medication at School
All medications, prescription or over the counter, given at school must have a note from your physician on a school form or the doctor’s letterhead. The medication must be in its original container with your child’s name and be brought into school by an adult. If needed, you may ask your pharmacist for a separate container for school use. Please do not send in any medication with your child.
Home and School Health Connection
Parents are encouraged to contact me at any time if their child appears to be having a health related issue. Some examples include:
- Vision or hearing difficulty
- Allergies, illness or injury
- Taking medication or a medication change
- Eating disturbances or sleeping difficulties
- Specific chronic complaints
In order to keep your child’s health records up to date, please advise me of any of the following occurrences:
- All doctor’s visits (well child exam or health problem visit)
- All visits to the emergency room
- Any overnight hospital stays
- Any immunizations received by your child
- Physical restriction of your child’s activity
- Any communicable diseases
- Eye doctor appointments or corrective lens change
Finally, Please make sure I have your phone number or another responsible person in the event of an emergency. Thank you!
I’m looking forward to a healthy year for all the children!
Dawn Guidice, School Nurse
- September 25th - NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
- September 26th - NO SCHOOL - Rosh Hashanah
- October 1st - EARLY RELEASE DAY (Professional Development)
- October 6th - 10th - Week of RESPECT
- October 9th - Convocation (Daytime Event)
- October 9th - South Brunswick Parent Academy - PARCC - 7pm
- October 16th - South Brunswick Parent Academy - Tech Down - 7pm
- October 23rd - NO SCHOOL - Diwalli
- October 24th - Walk-A-Thon Event
- October 31st - Halloween (Parade & Party)
- November 3rd - 5th - EARLY RELEASE - Conferences
- November 6th - NO SCHOOL - NJEA Convention
- November 7th - NO SCHOOL - NJEA Convention
- November 10th - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
- November 11th - NO SCHOOL - Veteran's Day
- November 12th - Early Release - Conferences
- November 21st - PTO EVENT - Vendor Night/Holliday Shoppe
- November 26th - EARLY RELEASE - Thanksgiving
- November 27th - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- November 28th - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- December 5th - PTO EVENT - BINGO NIGHT - 7pm
- December 23rd - EARLY RELEASE - Winter Break
- December 24th - January 4th - Winter Break