MPS iTech Weekly Newsletter
September 23, 2020 , Volume 1, Issue 1
- Tech Tip of the Week: The Tech Tip of the Week is a short explanation of our most asked question of the previous week.
- Spotlight on Success: This section will feature a best practice for integrating technology in your classroom.
- Tech Reminder: This section will include quick reminders of best practice for using instructional technology tools.
- Professional Development: This section will describe professional development taking place in the district, at specific schools, or PD available for educators to participate in.
Tech Tip of the Week
Be sure to set the privacy for your Padlets to "Secret", as opposed to "org wide". The secret setting is equivalent to Google's "anyone the link can view".
- While your Padlet is open, click "Share".
- Select "Change Privacy".
- Choose "Secret", or even "Password" if you want those who have the link to have to also enter a password.
- In the box below, set the visitor permissions to "Can write" for most student applications. This allows students to create and post, but they cannot edit or approve other posts.
Spotlight on Success
- Zoom Refresher: Steve delivered a Zoom Refresher to the Bielefield staff. They focused on meeting controls and preferred settings, followed up by a general Q&A.
- Waggle: Michelle provided technical support for schools implementing the Waggle platform.
Next week, the MPS iTech Team will be providing professional development on:
- Station Rotation & Playlists in a Hybrid Environment (Grade 7, Science): In this PD, teachers will receive support and training in how to create playlists that support learning outcomes in a station rotation model. (led by Michelle Gohagon)
- Introduction to Hapara (Secondary ELA teachers): Participants will access and understand the benefits of using Hapara to create a more efficient student workflow. (led by Steve)
- LINCspring (All MPS educators at designated times): Through professional development provided by LINCspring all teachers will explore Formative Assessments in a Hybrid Environment. (supported by MPS iTech Team)
If your school or department has specific professional development needs or wish to discuss specific professional development needs please reach out to Michelle or Steve.