Eagle Eye E-News Sept. 28-Oct. 2
Ebinport Elementary Faculty and Staff E-News
Ebinport's Vision Statement
What's Coming Up This Week?
- 8:35 3rd Grade "Related Arts Enrichment"
- 3:00-4:00 Zaner Bloser Training in Ms. Templeton's Room (See details below)
- Book Fair Begins
- 8:00- Rhonda at the DO for Leadership Meeting
- No faculty meeting today.
- Grandparents Day
- Grade Level/Content Area Meetings in the Conference Room
- Mr. Hollingsworth's last day before he goes out on long term medical leave
- Last Day for MAP testing, all make-up tests should be complete
Thursday-Foundation Grants Due!
- 7:30 AP Meeting at the DO
- Birthday Table sponsored by C180
- 3:00 R2S Foundations Class
- Grandparents Day
- Terrific Kid Ceremony
- Run-A-Thon Pep Rally...1:10-1:40 Grades K, 2, and 4- 1:45-2:15 Grades 1, 3, and 5. Please bring students to the cafeteria when called!
- 6:30 Movie Night (all pre-orders are due Thursday)
Zaner Bloser Training Monday
Thank you, Mrs. Reid for scheduling this valuable training for Ebinport! Thank you Ms. Pundt for being so flexible!
Winthrop Professional Development Opportunity
We are excited to announce that registration is now open for the 2nd Annual Inclusion Across the Lifespan Conference hosted by the Winthrop University Council for Exceptional Children. There will be multiple sessions for participants to choose from related to the inclusion of individuals with disabilities from early childhood to adulthood. We are looking forward to seeing a large crowd of participants this year! Please follow the link below to register (AND PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN):
New Math Coach Michael Jerrell
My name is Michael Jerrell. I am excited about joining Rock Hill Schools as a K-5 District Math Coach. I received my B.S. from The University of Florida and my M.Ed. in School Leadership from Winthrop University. Before joining Rock Hill Schools, I spent 7 years in Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools, serving as a high school math teacher, football, track, and swimming coach, Resident Principal, and Math Facilitator.
My wife and I have been married for 5 years. She is the head coach and owner of a club swim team in Charlotte. We are fortunate to have two wonderful children; Aiden (3 ½) and Layla (16 months).
I have already had the opportunity to visit every elementary school in Rock Hill and look forward to the opportunity to visit more schools and classrooms. I love delivering, evaluating, and discussing number talks and other number sense routines. I am also highly skilled at developing common formative assessments and using those results to make instructional decisions.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. My office number is 985-3511 and my cell number is (704) 401 - 4101.
Related Arts Enrichment- Monday 3rd Grade
Class Assignments This Week:
Computer Lab: Hornsby
Media and Guidance will meet in the Media Center to discuss internet safety and other shared topics: Sra. Polanco and Mrs. Wright
Mid-Autumn Festival (A Note from Chen and Song)
Mid-Autumn Festival 2015
Chinese Moon Festival is traditionally celebrated on the fifteenth day of the eighth lunisolar month, which is in September or October. Mid-Autumn Festivals 2015 is on September 27th. Chinese people will have a two-day holiday from September 26 to 27.
The Mid-autumn festival is the second most important festival after the Spring Festival to Chinese people. Every year, when the festival comes people go home from every corner of the country and the world to meet their family and have dinner with them, admire the full moon and eat mooncakes.
Chinese people believe a full moon is a symbol of peace, prosperity, and family reunion. On Mid-Autumn Festival night the moon is supposed to be the brightest and fullest, which is why the festival is also known as the "Day of Reunion" and the "Moon Festival".
On Monday, there will be moon cakes in the front office for us all to try!
Tier 3 Meeting
What's Coming Up?
- October 5- 4th "Related Arts Enrichment" 9:30-10:30
- October 6- 8:30 Front Office Staff Meeting
- October 7- Mrs. VanderMolen's Sip and See
- October 7- Walk to School Day
- October 8-9- Rhonda Off Campus
- October 8- 8:00 AM PTO Meeting in the Media Center
- October 9- Fun Run Collection
- October 9- Staff "Tailgate" Friday
- October 12- Teacher Professional Development Day
- October 14- Induction Teacher Running Record Training
- October 15- School Picture Day (Individual and Group)
- October 15- 3:00 R2S Foundations Class
- October 16- End of 1st 9 weeks
- October 16- All teachers on GBE must watch the district GBE video- This video can be found at this link. After watching the video, please be sure you complete the electronic signature form in order to document your completion of this task.
- October 16- 9:00-2:00 SCEA at Ebinport
- October 16 SLO's approved by administration, GBE (Speech, Media, Reading Coach and Guidance) need to be written
- October 16- Fun Run Collection Date
- October 16- GBE Video Deadline
- October 19- 8:50-9:50 5th Grade "Related Arts Enrichment"
- October 19-22 Bob Doster (A Local Artist) in Residence with Fifth Graders (More information to come)
- October 20- Ward 2 Elections at Ebinport (Media Center Closed)
- October 20- SIC Meeting
- October 22- Hillary Brand Wedding Shower
- October 30- Run-a-Thon