Elementary Weekly Update
Week of October 7th
- Wednesday, October 16th - Grandparent's Day - Half Day for Students
- Wednesday, October 16th - Elementary Holiday Book Fair
- Thursday, October 17th - Monday, October 21st - Fall Break
- Tuesday, October 22nd - Friday, October 25th - Elementary Holiday Book Fair
- Wednesday, October 23rd - Picture Retakes
- Tuesday, October 22nd & Thursday, October 24th - Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:30-6:30pm
Artists of the Month for September
Headmaster Artist of the Month
Kindergarten - Flower Expression - Levi Sterling
First Grade - Noah's Ark - Eli Dickinson
Second Grade - Hidden Scissor - Daylon Lupardus
Third Grade - Kaleidoscope - Krew Peach
Fourth Grade - Mondrian - Walt Free
Fifth Grade - Object/Name - Jarrett Wilson
Principal Artist of the Month
Kindergarten - Flower Expression - Josie Sager
First Grade - Noah's Ark - Emma Schwab
Second Grade - Hidden Scissor - Hallie Glass
Third Grade - Kaleidoscope - Lexi Belardo
Fourth Grade - Mondrian - Emma Rodriguez
Fifth Grade - Object/Name - Kate Parker
- Students should wear formal dress.
- Students should report to class as usual, and need to be here before 8:00 a.m.
- Grandparents will enjoy a reception from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. in the OCS Student Center.
- The program is from 9:00 a.m. - 10 a.m. in the OCS Middle School Gym.
- Following the program, grandparents and grandchildren will be united to enjoy a time of classroom visits, the book fair, and a photo opportunity in the Music room.
- ALL students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m.
- Students who are not leaving with their grandparents will follow their usual pick-up procedure at 11:30 a.m. - we will have inside pick up that day.
- As you prepare for Grandparents' Day, we want to make you aware that the UE building does not have an elevator or ramp for those needing special assistance to visit the second floor. We hope this won't deter grandparents from coming, but we did want you to be aware of these logistics. Please make your teacher aware if you have grandparents unable to go up the stairs, they will gladly make accommodations for your projects to be available to your grandparents.
- NO LUNCH will be provided on Grandparents' Day.
After School Care
Saints 5K Run/Walk & Fun Run
Is it a struggle to get your kids all dressed up for chapel every week?? Well, today is your lucky day! What if we told you, your child could earn NO CHAPEL DRESS for the ENTIRE month of October?!?! Well, THEY CAN!!! All they need to do is register to run/walk in the Inaugural Saints 5K or 1 mile Fun Run before 10/2 to earn NO CHAPEL DRESS for ALL of October!
All rewards and incentives for registering will be given out during the month of October. Plus, there are some super fun rewards for fundraising. Just think, if every kid simply raised $100 what an impact that would be. $100,400 to be exact! All fundraising rewards will be given out in November. Make sure to check out the Saints 5K packet that went home last week for more information or visit our website.
Bedlam Box Tops Challenge
Want to go further??? Box Tops has a new system that includes downloading the Box Tops app and scanning your grocery receipt! This is a great way to earn even MORE money for our school. For more information, go to: https://www.boxtops4education.com