News from Room 15
January 27-February 5, 2016
We had so much fun learning about winter! I think a favorite activity was carrying eggs like penguins. We finished up our winter unit on Monday (since we missed last Wednesday for weather) and we are now ready to start something new. We will be learning about our bodies and how to keep them healthy. Some highlights will include drawing ourselves, tasting fruits, sorting foods, practicing hand-washing, and learning about keeping our teeth clean.
- THANK YOU for all of the donations for our raffle basket that we have received so far.
- We do go outside for recess whenever weather permits (the cut off for outdoor recess is 15 degrees/wind chill). Please make sure your students have appropriate outdoor clothing. It is helpful to staff if items are marked with names. Thank you!
- If you are able to help plan our Valentine's party on February 10th, please let me know.
- If you are planning to enroll for preschool again next year, stop by the office this week. Open enrollment to the public begins next Monday.
Have a great week!
~ Ms. Jackie, Mrs. Joyce, and Mrs. Ingle
Theme and Stories We Will Read
Body and Health
Me and My Amazing Body by Joan Sweeney
Here are My Hands by Bill Martin, Jr.
Healthy Me by Melvin & Gilda Berger
Healthy Eating by Melvin & Gilda Berger
Always Be Safe by Kathy Schultz
We will know the name and sound for the letters Bb and Rr. (literacy)
We will be able to write the letters Bb and Rr. (literacy)
We will be able to segment the sounds in a word. (literacy)
We will be able to follow spoken directions. (literacy)
We will be able to draw a person Mat Man or ourselves). (literacy)
We will be able to sing the alphabet. (literacy)
We will know the letters in our names. (literacy)
We will be know the numbers 1-4. (math)
We will be able to count to four. (math)
We will understand how to be safe and be kind on the bus. (PBS)
We will know the names of our body parts.
We will know ways to keep our bodies healthy.
Activities for Home
- Practice the steps for healthy habits (ex – hand washing, brushing teeth) using the words first, next, then, last.
- Count sets of 4 at home. (4 chairs, 4 plates, etc.)
- Talk about ways we use our bodies - hands are for catching, helping, holding; legs are for walking, running, standing, etc.
- February 1st-5th - Duckling Days - wear duckling shirts or blue and yellow
- Wednesday, February 10th - Valentine's Day Parties
- Wednesday, February 10th - Book Orders Due
- Friday, February 12th - NO School - Professional Development Day
- Monday, February 15th - NO School - President's Day
- Friday, February 19th - Duckling Dance sponsored by the Hackmann Action Team
- February 23rd & 24th - Self-Control guidance lesson with Mrs. Beth
- February 23rd & 24th - Pajamas for Diabetes Days (more info to come)
- Friday, March 4th - NO PM Classes - Records Day
January 29-31: Spencer P.
February 5-7: Darren B.
February 11-14: Josh D.
February 19-21: Ethan B.