HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY
From Propulsion Pilates
Lucky 7's Pilates Workout
7 Criss cross reaches on each side
7 Double leg stretches
7 Double straight leg lower & lifts
7 Single straight leg reaches on each side
7 Single straight leg criss cross reaches on each side
Repeat this series 7 more times!!!
Your abs might be sore the next day:) Try doing this workout on top of your studio workouts 7 times over the next 30 days.
If you have any questions or want a demonstration of the exercises, don't hesitate to ask one of your Pilates instructors in class.
The Greenest Chopped Salad
- 2- 5 oz boxes of spring mix lettuce
- 1 green apple, cored
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ cup green olives
- 4-5 green onions, ends cut off
- 1 whole avocado, cut in half, pitted, scored, and scooped out
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup pistachios
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend for 30 seconds, set aside.
- Finely chop all salad ingredients and place in a large bowl. Toss salad to make sure everything is mixed together evenly. Drizzle salad with desired amount of dressing.
This recipe makes enough salad for 4-6 people, but you can make this salad as small or as big as you would like, just use however much of each ingredient as you would like.