~Ethan Cook~The Spread is Real~Mohamad Salaheldeen~
- Spreads by person to person contact, mostly sneezing and coughing.
- You also get it by touching contaminated surfaces.
- Direct or Indirect
- Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Body Aches
Prevention and Treating
- Get Lots of Rest
- Get Flu Shot
- Drink lots of fluids/ liquids
- Stay away from sick people
- Take antiviral drugs, Aspirin, Ibuprofen
Flu Attack! How A Virus Invades Your Body
Deep Words From Important People
- "You come back around, and everyone is like, Ugh, you got the cooties."~Lebron
- “I think the vaccine is not working, and even if they do get the right strain of virus the chances of it being helpful is maybe 60 to 80 percent in a healthy adult, less than 50 or 60 with health problems."~Mother Teresa
"Influenza is something unique. It behaves epidemically in a way different from that of any other known infection."~Sir Christopher Howard Andrewes
- Kills 36,000 people and hospitalizes 114,000 people each year.
- In the beginning people though the flu came from the stars, planets, and the moon.
- Flu viruses can live up to 48 hours on hard surfaces and 12 hours on cloth.
- It can only infect people, pigs, and birds.