Robinson Middle School eNews
Week of March 29 , 2021
One Team. One Family. One Robinson.
April 2 | Student/Teacher Holiday
April 5 | Student/Teacher Holiday
April 6 | STAAR Writing 7 (All students)
May 4 | Algebra EOC (All students)
May 6 | STAAR Science 8 (All students)
May 7 | STAAR Social Studies 8 (All students)
May 11 | STAAR Math 6, 7, 8 (Face-to-Face students)
May 12 | STAAR Reading 6, 7, 8 (Face-to-Face students)
May 13 | STAAR Math 6, 7, 8 (Remote students)
May 14 | STAAR Reading 6, 7, 8 (Remote students)
Important STAAR Information
STAAR Online Platform Tutorial
Access the STAAR Online Testing Platform
Student must select either:
Items to Bring on Test Days
- Fully charged Chromebook
- Chromebook Charger
- Water bottle
- Book to read after test is complete
Breakfast and Lunch
Back-to-School Plan Review
Jasper Theatre Productions and Tech Productions Auditions
Audition Due Date: April 9th, 2022
Please see the attachment below to access the application process letter.
Zoom Office Hours:
All counselors have Zoom meetings during these times:
Mon, Tues, Thurs from 2-3pm
Wed and Fri 10-11am
Visit our Google Classrooms to get the link to the Zoom office hours.
6th grade Kelli.firstname.lastname@example.org 469-752-6218
7th grade Mike.email@example.com 469-752-6217
8th grade Sherry.firstname.lastname@example.org 469-752-6216
Reminders: Student Technology Equipment Checkout Guidelines
Please visit https://www.pisd.edu/techcheckout for reminders about the use of PISD devices/Chromebooks and information regarding damages and replacement of Chromebooks.
Curbside Meal Pickup
More at www.pisd.edu/grabandgo.
The meal bundles can be picked up at any of the following locations:
- Clark High School, 523 W Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano
- Shepton High School, 5505 W Plano Pkwy, Plano
- Williams High School, 1717 17th St, Plano, TX 75074
- McMillen High School, 750 N Murphy Rd, Murphy, TX 75094
- Vines High School, 1401 Highedge Dr, Plano, TX 75075
Anyone picking up meals for students, without the student present, must bring appropriate documentation in the form of a school issued ID, report card, parent portal attendance summary form, or birth certificate.
Updated PISD 2020-2021 Calendar
Join the Robinson PTA! Our awesome PTA supports students and teachers throughout the school year and sponsors great events and activities. We encourage all of our families to join our PTA by going to http://www.RobinsonPTA.org.
Curbside Library Services
Student are now able to check out physical books from the library during virtual learning!
Procedures to check out books:
- The student will put a hold on the book(s) through their library account. (Refer to the video “How to Place a Library Hold” on the Library Google classroom.)
- Students are in charge of checking their accounts to see when their holds are ready.
- When the books are ready, parents can come at any of the dates and times listed below for pickup.
- Check with your student to make sure they have a book that is available for pickup. They will need to check their library account.
- Pickup will be outside, at the main entrance to the building.
- The books will be on a cart with the student’s name attached. Mr. Tanner will check the books out at that time.
- Book returns will be dropped into the book return and quarantined for 3 days (per district instructions).
Pick up times each week will be:
Monday at 4pm (except first week)
Wednesday at 9am
Friday at 12pm
Mr. Tanner will be posting links on the library Google classroom for help in picking out books to read. Holds will be cancelled after one week of sitting on the cart. Mr. Tanner will include an account summary with the books if there are excessive overdues.
Helpful Attendance Reminders
- If you see a problem with attendance, please email the teacher. Teachers monitor student engagement in class and submit the daily attendance.
- Teachers will enter attendance by 3:00 pm each day. Each student will be marked A (Absent) or PSH (Present School @ Home). The teacher will still have access to attendance the following day to monitor if a student engaged by 11:59 pm.
- If a student is going to be absent, please call the "Child Safe Line" to report the absence. It is not required as we will no longer pre-code the parent call since a student can truly still "engage" by 11:59 pm that day to be counted present.
- Notify the teacher if you are having technical issues and work with them on an alternate way to engage.
- Parent and Doctor Notes must be received within 3 days of returning back to school from the absence.
- Parent and Doctor Notes may be scanned and emailed to Vickie Strong at email@example.com or turned in at the Robinson Front Office.
- This year, an email from a legal guardian listed on PISD Parent Portal, will suffice as a parent note. The email must include the student name, ID number, date(s) of absence, reason for absence along with the parent name submitting the note.
- Teachers are responsible for communicating to each class what their expectations are to be defined as present and engaged in class.
- Any changes made to attendance can take a few hours, or possibly overnight, to sync in Parent Portal.
PISD Family Resource Page
PISD has launched a Family Resource page on the district’s website. This page provides a searchable list that families, community members and school staff can utilize to help find community resources in order to meet a family’s needs. The list is searchable by agency name, zip code and category. Categories include such areas as basic needs (food assistance, housing assistance), health care (medical, dental, vision), and mental health (substance abuse, counseling, etc.). The family resource page can be found at https://www.pisd.edu/familyresources
Plano ISD Website
School Messenger & E-news
Most of our communication takes place via School Messenger (phone/e-mail messages) or e-news. Click on the link below to subscribe to the Robinson e-news:
Check our Robinson Middle School website for other important information about our school.
Follow us on Twitter. https://twitter.com/RobinsonRazorb1 #robinsonproud