The CES Bulldog News
Week #28 (March 23 - March 27, 2020)
IWCS - Vision & Mission
Vision: To create a learning environment that will enable every child to discover his or her unique gifts and talents.
Mission: To enhance and expand on each child’s unique gifts and talents to ensure every child is college, career and life ready.
We miss our Bulldogs, so we are coming to see you on Thursday afternoon (3/26/2020) beginning at 1:30p.m! The CES faculty and staff are planning to ride through your neighborhoods, using their individual vehicles - practicing social distancing, to say "hi" to all of our CES Bulldogs. Please be sure to wave "hi" back to us from a safe distance off the road.
Approximate arrival times will be shared with all soon. Can't wait to see you! :-)
IWCS Modifies Locations and Times for Meal Distribution Sites Beginning Monday, March 23
To better serve our students and families during this time of school closure, Isle of Wight County Schools has modified the locations and times for meal distribution throughout the county. The division is adding 15 new meal distribution locations to reach more students. In total, school buses will be delivering meals to 31 locations in Isle of Wight County.
There are some time changes to current sites in order to accommodate the expansion of the program.
As a reminder, meals will continue to be available from 11:30am to 1:00 pm Monday through Friday at Smithfield High School, Georgie Tyler Middle School, and Carrsville Elementary School.
New Stops in the northern areas of the county:
- Morris Creek Apartments/John Rolfe Area 11:30--12:30
- Wrenn's Mill Estates 11:30--12:30
- Jones Creek Mobile Home Community 11:30--12:30
- Blairs Creek Mobile Home Community 11:30--12:30
- Carrollton Villa Apartments 11:30--12:10
- Smithfield Heights 11:30--12:10
- Queen Anne's Court 11:30--12:10
- Carrollton Meadows 12:20--1:00
- Sandy Mount 12:20--1:00
- Woodbridge Townhomes 12:20--1:00
- Lakeside Housing 12:20--1:00
- Riverview 12:20--1:00
- Thomas Park Community 12:20--1:00
Revised Stops in the northern areas of the county:
- Eagle Harbor Apartments 11:30--12:10
· Jersey Park Housing 11:30--12:10
- Jersey Park Apartments 11:30--12:10
- Smithfield Apartments 11:30--12:10
- Church Manor Apartments 11:30--12:10
- Cedar St. Apartments 12:20--1:00
- The Nest 12:20--1:00
Continuing Stops in the northern areas of the county (no change):
· Rushmere Fire Department 11:30—12:30
· Bradford Mews Apartments 11:30—12:30
New Stops in the southern areas of the county:
- Pocahontas and Lincoln Ave pull off 12:20--1:00
- Walters Ruritan Club 11:30--12:10
- Beaver Brook Mobile Home Community 12:20--1:00
Revised Stops in the southern areas of the county:
· Camptown Park 11:30--12:10
· Georgie Tyler Apartments 11:30--12:10
· Windsor Manor Mobile Home Community 12:20--1:00
Continuing Stops in the southern areas of the county (no change):
- Bethany Presbyterian Church Zuni 11:30—12:30
- Twin Ponds Mobile Community 11:30—12:30
- Clydesdale Mobile Community 11:30—12:30
We will continue to keep you informed of any further changes in meal distribution through our traditional channels. Again, thank you for your patience and flexibility, and as always, thank you for your support of Isle of Wight County Schools.
Google Counselor Classroom with Mrs. Brinkley
Take a moment and sign into Mrs. Brinkley's Google Counselor Classroom using the following code:
Mrs. Brinkley is posting lots of great resources to support students!
Click on the link above. Go to "School Board". Select "March 12, 2020" to view the "I on Instruction" presentation by our 4th grade students. Their presentation is towards the beginning of the meeting.
Awesome research and presentation skills!
(Picture: Left to Right)
Special Thanks to Mrs. Britt & Mrs. Hasty for their work with all 4th grade students with the "1607 and the Virginia Colony" PBL!