7th Grade Home Support
3rd Six Weeks Resources for 7th Grade Parents at LMS
"I Want to Help My Student, But It's Not What I Learned When I was in School...."
If you need more help, contact your student's teacher. They are ready and willing to help!
Lead4ward Resources - STAAR released questions and K-12 academic vocabulary
Project Share - Search by Grade and Subject and then choose the TEKS your student is learning or will be learning this six weeks
TASA on iTunes U - K-12 Course-specific digital resources gathered by Texas educators
Khan Academy - Search and watch tutorial videos by subject
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS AND READING (ELAR)
Focused TEKS This Six Weeks in ELAR
- 7.2A – Determine the meaning of grade-level academic English words derived from Latin, Greek, or other linguistic roots and affixes.
- 7.2B – Use context within a sentence and in larger sections of text to determine or clarify the meaning of unfamiliar or ambiguous words.
- 7.3 – Students analyze, make inferences and draw conclusions about theme and genre in different cultural, historical, and contemporary contexts and provide evidence from the text to support their understanding.
- 7.4 – Students understand, make inferences and draw conclusions about the structure and elements of poetry and provide evidence from text to support their understanding.
- 7.4A – Analyze the importance of graphical elements capital letters line length word position on the meaning of a poem.
- 7.6 – Student understand, make inferences and draw conclusions about the structure and elements of fiction and provide evidence form text to support their understanding.
- 7.6A – Explain the influence of the setting on plot development.
- 7.6B – Analyze the development of the plot through the internal and external responses of the characters, including their motivations and conflicts.
- 7.7 – Students understand, make inferences and draw conclusions about the varied structural patterns and features of literary nonfiction and respond by providing evidence from text to support their understanding.
- 7.8 – Students understand, make inferences and draw conclusions about how an author's sensory language creates imagery in literary text and provide evidence from text to support their understanding.
- 7.8A – Determine the figurative meaning of phrases and analyze how an author's use of language creates imagery, appeals to the senses, and suggests mood.
- 7.10 – Students analyze, make inference and draw conclusion about expository texts and provide evidence from the text to support their understanding.
- 7.10A – Evaluate a summary of the original text for accuracy of the main ideas, supporting details, and overall meaning.
- 7.10D – Synthesize and make logical connections between ideas within a text and across two or three texts representing similar or different genres, and support those findings with textual evidence.
- 7.13 – Students use comprehension skills to analyze how words images, graphic and sound work together in various froms to impact meaning.
- 7.RCD – Make inferences about text and use textual evidence to support understanding.
- 7.RCE – Summarize, paraphrase, and synthesize texts in ways that maintain meaning and logical order within a text and across texts.
- 7.RCF – Make connections between and across texts, including other media and provide textual evidence.
Focused TEKS This Six Weeks in Math
- 7.7A - represent linear relationships using verbal descriptions, tables, graphs, and equations that simplify to form y = mx + b
- 7.11A - model and solve one-variable, two-step equations and inequalities
- 7.11B - determine if the given value(s) make(s) one-variable, two-step equations and inequalities true
This CCA will take TWO days to complete.
Focused TEKS This Six Weeks in Science
- 7.10A - Observe and describe how different environments, including microhabitats in schoolyards and biomes, support different varieties of organisms.
- 7.10B - Describe how biodiversity contributes to the sustainability of an ecosystem.
- 7.10C - Observe, record, and describe the role of ecological succession such as in a microhabitat of a garden with weeds.
- 7.13A - Investigate how organisms respond to external stimuli found in the environment such as phototropism and fight or flight.
- 7.13B - Describe and relate responses in organisms that may result from internal stimuli such as wilting in plants and fever or vomiting in animals that allow them to maintain balance.
Student login is required. Your child uses his or her login information to access.
This CCA will take TWO days to complete.