aig disease project
prevention and treatment
Most people get better with no treatment. It is more common in people with Hivs/Aids or people with weaker immune systems. Some ways to reduce your risk of getting the disease are ...
-wash your hands often
-avoid water that may be contaminated with the parasite
-wash/ peel fresh fruits and vegetables
-filter/boil certain water before drinking it
- The word "crypto" is Greek for "hidden"
- The parasite cannot be killed with alcohol gels and hand sanitizers
- It's a gastrointestinal illness caused by cryptosproidium
- It's on of the most common waterborne disease
- It's highly contagious when left untreated
- A person can be re-infected/ infect others
- The people who are at risk most are young children, day care workers, backpackers, hikers, campers
- Also anyone who drinks contaminated water
Cryptosporidium: What You Should Know