Lynnville-Sully Schools - November 16, 2020
Message from Shane Ehresman, Superintendent
Thursday, November 19 - 1 PM Student Early Dismissal for Teacher Professional Development
Wednesday, November 25 - 1 PM Early Dismissal for Thanksgiving Break
Thursday, November 26 - No School for Students & Staff for Thanksgiving Break
Friday, November 27 - No School for Students & Staff for Thanksgiving Break
Academic Recognition for Fall 2020 Activities
Girls Cross Country - Distinguished 3.883 Team Grade Point Average
Volleyball - Distinguished 3.521 Team Grade Point Average
Football Cheerleaders - Distinguished 3.474 Team Grade Point Average
Boys Cross Country - Distinguished 3.257 Team Grade Point Average
Football - Excellence 3.052 Team Grade Point Average
November 16, 2020 COVID-19 Information
On a daily basis, we monitor the county positivity rate, school district student/staff attendance numbers, and positive cases of COVID-19. If the student absentee rate exceeds 10% in the school district and positive cases of COVID-19 increase, we may switch to hybrid or remote learning (L-S instructional model considerations below and attached). At this time, our data indicates we will continue with face-to-face instruction.
Parents will be informed if their child was exposed and do not need to quarantine. 106 students were exposed to a positive case during the week of November 7 - November 13, 2020, but did not need to quarantine because of the school district mask requirement.
November 16, 2020 Jasper County Positivity Rate: 21.9%
November 16, 2020 Lynnville-Sully Data Analysis:
- K-5 Absence Rate: 2.2%. Number of Positive COVID K-5 Student Cases: *Less than 6
- 6-8 Absence Rate: 7.6% Number of Positive COVID 6-8 Student Cases: *Less than 6
- 9-12 Absence Rate: 4.0% Number of Positive COVID 9-12 Student Cases: *Less than 6
- Number of Positive COVID K-12 Staff Cases: *Less than 6
- K-12 Students Quarantined: 48 (most quarantined due to exposure to family member or friends outside of school)
- K-12 Staff Quarantined: *Less than 6
* Due to confidentiality guidance outlined by the Iowa Department of Education and Iowa Department of Public Health, any level with less than six cases can not be identified to protect the identity of individual students or staff. Zeros may be shared with the public.
Positivity Rate in Jasper County
The positivity rate for each county located at https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/percent-school-district-positive-analysis The percent positive is the percentage of all coronavirus tests performed that are positive. As of Monday, November 16, 2020, the positivity rate for Jasper County is 21.9%.
Free Meal Pick-Up Available for Absent L-S Students
All Lynnville-Sully enrolled students who are absent from school may pick-up a free meal between 11:30 am - 11:40 am at the front entrance of the elementary/middle school. Meals will be brought out to your vehicle. Meals must be ordered by 8:00 am the day of meal pick-up. If your child is absent due to sickness, COVID-19 quarantine, COVID-19 isolation, or any other reason, you may email or call Shelley Vander Molen before the 8:00 am the day of meal pick-up. Email Shelley: email@example.com or call and leave a message: 641-594-4445 extension 133. The free meal pick-up will be offered through December 31, 2020, or until federal funding is no longer available.
L-S Return to Learn Website:
If you have any questions or suggestions, please give me a call 641-594-4445 extension 103 or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shane Ehresman, Ed.S.