September 21, 2018
Build a Quality SkillsUSA Chapter Management Structure
Your 2018-2019 SkillsUSA membership kit includes an incredible lesson plan that introduces students to topics of chapter management. The lesson is designed to be fully customizable for your chapter.
Six activities are provided, one for each Chapter Excellence Program Quality Chapter requirement. Facilitate one, two, three, four, five or all six of the activities, spread out over a couple of class periods, if needed. For example, if all students already pay dues, skip Activity 1.
- Anticipatory Set: Understand the value of SkillsUSA and being career ready
- Activity 1: Pay membership dues (students and advisors)
- Activity 2: Elect chapter officers
- Activity 3: Conduct well-planned, regularly scheduled chapter meetings
- Activity 4: Complete a project chapter budget
- Activity 5: Complete a program of work
- Activity 6: Conduct at least one activity within each of the three framework components
- Review: Evaluate the chapter management structure
Use the activities in areas your chapter needs to improve to be a Quality Chapter. At the completion of the lesson, students will have ownership of the chapter and be prepared to complete the CEP Quality Chapter application. This lesson and activities will help fulfill the year’s theme of SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, Career-Ready Starts Here.
Two unique lesson plans serve specific learner needs:
- High School: https://www.skillsusa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/HS-Lesson-Plan-2018.pdf
- College/Postsecondary: https://www.skillsusa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/CPS-Lesson-Plan-2018.pdf
Members Get Free Access to Autodesk Software
Autodesk, a SkillsUSA sponsor for over 20 years, is again providing member students and educators with free access to software. Autodesk shares SkillsUSA’s goal of preparing students in STEM-based careers and creating an industry-ready workforce. Visit the Autodesk Education Community at: www.autodesk.com/education
Awards Showcase CTE Partnerships and Champions
Is your program successful in creating partnership with local business, industry or community groups? Or, is there an outspoken supporter in your community who’s championed the value of modern, high-quality career and technical education? Receive the honor for this outstanding support and achievement through the Association for Career and Technical Education awards:
- ACTE Business-Education Partnership Award (see: https://acte.secure-platform.com/a/page/awards/national/partnership)
- ACTE Champion for CTE Award (see: https://acte.secure-platform.com/a/page/awards/national/champion)
All eligible nominations will be highlighted in a showcase of best practices and success stories.
Coming Your Way: Surveys in the Mail
The beginning of a new school year can be busy, and we appreciate your participation in our annual research initiative with myOptions. Soon you will receive a packet of student forms in the mail. If you have not received a packet, you can request one by clicking the link below. These questionnaires not only help our organization but also provide your students with a personal account at MyOptions.org that will provide them with free postsecondary and career planning resources.
Students aren’t the only ones who benefit. You will also receive a teacher report that captures details on your students’ responses to help you better understand their career ambitions and help them achieve their postsecondary goals.
We have a trusted partnership with myOptions; student privacy is strictly protected and will not be available to commercial marketers. Click here to get started: http://myoptions.skills-usa-sign-up-request-2018-19.sgizmo.com/s3/
Help is Only a Call, Email or Chat Away!
Everyone needs a little help now and then. Let the SkillsUSA Membership Hotline operators help you solve your problems. Hotline operators are ready to answer your questions on how to start a new chapter, engage chapter members and strengthen an existing chapter. Operators are on call from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. (Eastern time) Monday, Wednesday and Friday and from 11 a.m.–7 p.m. (Eastern) Tuesday and Thursday. Call the hotline toll free: 844-875-4557.
Don’t have time to call? Send the operators an email at email@example.com or chat with them online at the membership registration site.