Preschool Safety Tips
Hailey, Aimee and Monica
Dangers can be found everywhere in a child care center. Staff must watch closely to remove danger. If failure to do so occurs, it may result in accidents that most likely could have been avoided. Accidents are more likely to occur when their routine in disrupted or when staff is busy/ tired.
Develop Safety Limits
Limits are guides to actions and behaviors that reflect the goals of a program.
- Walk indoors. Do not run.
- Use blocks for building, not for hitting.
- Wipe up spills right away.
- Tell the teacher when equipment breaks
- Always fasten seat belt.
- Always use safety straps.
- Wash hands.
- Wear a helmet when riding bikes.
- Supervise the children at all times
- Develop safety limits
- Provide a safe environment
- Practice fire safety
- Develop plans for weather emergencies
- Know emergency procedures for accidental poisoning.
- Recognize signs of child abuse and report it
- Teach children how to protect themselves from sexual assault.