By: Gabriella Wood & Hannah Behnke Hr.7
Babysitting can be a very dangerous job if you are not careful. Take these tips.
- Don't leave sharp objects laying around
- Make sure you follow the parents orders and list so no one gets hurt
- Always keep babies away from stairs so they don't fall
- Don't let anyone in the house
- Little things in safety can make a difference
- BE SMART!!!!
What babysitters do!
- When you care for someone's children in their home leave the home as clean and tidy as when you entered it.
- You are expected to clean up after the children throughout the day.
- Focus on the children at all times.
- ALWAYS remain calm.
- Always be encoureging. Never put a kid down
- Pit bulls were used as babysitters. They were also the dog of choice for children and used for the protection of the kids.
Once you go for babysitting, make sure you reach ten minutes early as it leaves a good impression on the family. Besides this there are few things which you should know beforehand.
- The name of the child.
- His/her age, weight.
- Phone numbers of his/her parents.
- Contact number of the child’s doctor.
- Location of important things for the baby.
- Rules of the house.
- Ask yourself what kind of house and family will suit you.
- This job should ensure child’s safety as well as your safety too.
- Once you take up this job then child’s safety is in your hands starting from her/his meals to their sleep.
- Kids also need entertainment and fun so you should be a good entertainer keeping the rules intact.