April 7, 2021
Let your student's teacher (s) know if you'd like to participate in retakes or email Libby Miller in the Family Resource Center at email@example.com.
MISSOULA GIVES! - May 6th & 7th
Mark your calendars for the Lowell PTA's Missoula Gives Campaign on May 6th and 7th!
Find out more at our event website: https://www.missoulagives.org/organizations/lowell-school-pta
Please sign up to participate through the webpage or email Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for a fun activity schedule of neighborhood based activities and incentives.
COVID PRECAUTIONS, TESTING & VACCINATION INFORMATION
Keep your child home and call their healthcare provider if your child gets sick.
If your child has symptoms of COVID-19:
- Keep your child home.
- Consider whether your child needs to see a healthcare provider and be tested for COVID-19. CDC recommends all people with symptoms of COVID-19, including children, get tested. CDC has a Coronavirus Self Checker available in its website, which may help you make decisions about seeking medical care for possible COVID-19.
- Protect yourself from COVID-19 while caring for your sick child by wearing a mask, washing your hands frequently, monitoring yourself for symptoms for COVID-19, and using other preventive measures.
- Notify your child’s school that your child is sick. Also inform the school if your child has had a COVID-19 test and what the result is, if available.
- Review your child’s school (or other childcare facility) policies related to when a child who has been sick can return.
- Bring your child back to school or other in-person activities only after they can safely be around others.
Missoula Testing Locations
Missoula Vaccination Sites
PARKS & RECREATION AFTER SCHOOL
This program is supported and ran through a partnership with MCPS, The Flagship Program, CSCT, and Missoula Parks and Recreation.
PROGRAM PHONE - (406) 830-0259
EMAIL CONTACT for last minute registration, early pick up, problems, questions and other general information: Tyler Decker at email@example.com
There is a 24 hour block on registering for programs - if you need to register last minute please reach out to Tyler at the above email.
Afterschool Program is from 2:10 - 5:30p.m. with pick up in the Cafeteria.
Below is the link for April and May afterschool sign ups. Note that you can also sign up for the Full Day Mondays that there is no school on April 19 and May 17.
ENVISION WEST BROADWAY - Help Plan Your Community!
MARKET AT LOWELL
EARTH WITHIN GIRLS SPRING SERIES - Scholarships available
Earth Within Girls is a non-profit that offers a nature-based educational program for upper elementary and middle school youth who identify as girls. Our mission is to teach plant wisdom and self care to empower girls to connect their internal cycles and natural environment. With after-school programs, in-classroom (post- COVID!) and caretaker/daughter workshops, EWG’s curriculum develops skills in plant wisdom, floral art, building friendships, and confidence through unique activities that act as a bridge to hormonal and cyclical wellness.
online scholarship and registration form, deadline has been extended
hard copies are available in the Lowell Family Resource Center. Contact Libby Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
MONTANA EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE
The Montana Emergency Rental Assistance program will provide rent and utility assistance to Montanans who have been financially impacted, directly or indirectly, by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Renters will be able to apply directly for rent and utility assistance, and landlords will be able to apply on behalf of renters with the renter’s co-signature and required documentation.
Renters will need to provide income documentation to verify program eligibility. To streamline the application review process, we recommend renters file their 2020 tax return now and have that document available to submit when the program opens for applications.
The program is still being developed, but you can begin preparing for your application using the information provided on this website https://housing.mt.gov/Rental-Housing/Montana-Emergency-Rental-Assistance-Program
United Way's easy, FREE tool makes filing your taes a breeze--you can fill out the forms now, and they'll be filed with the IRS as asoon as they can be accepted. No income or age limits--save yourself stress this season. Get started at https://www.myfreetaxes.com/