YMLA Parent Information 12/13/21
Winter Break December 20th-January 3rd.
Nine Weeks Exams Tuesday December 14th-Friday December 17th
Next week is our last week of the semester, and all students will be taking exams. It is imperative that all students take the time to study and prepare themselves to be successful.
In that spirit, teachers have been working with students to set personal goals in each of their core classes based on an establish target score. Please take the time to talk to your leader about the goals he has set and how he plans to achieve his academic goals.
Because of the time needed for each of the assessments, we will be working on an alternate schedule. We need all leaders to come to school on each of the testing days well-rested and ready to perform at their very best. Please see the schedule below.
Tuesday, December 14th – 9:00a-12:00p – Math Test
Wednesday, December 15th – 9:00a-12:00p – Reading Test
Thursday, December 16th – 9:00a-11:00a – Science Test
Friday, December 17th – 9:00a-11:00a – Social Studies Test
Early Release Friday December 17, 2021 @ 12:50 PM. All Leaders must be picked up by 1:35 PM
Winter Break December 20th-January 3rd
Warm Wishes Toy Drive
7th & 8th Grade B-Teams Basketball Scrimmage
Monday, Dec. 13th, 5:30pm
2205 Southeast 4th Street
Grand Prairie, TX
The 8th Grade B-Team game will start right after the 7th grade game.
7th & 8th Grade A-Teams Basketball Scrimmage
Thursday, Dec. 16th, 5:30pm
1501 Coffeyville Trail
Grand Prairie, TX
The 8th grade A-Team game will start right after the 7th grade game.
- Introduce Committee Leaders from 6th and 7th grade.
- Warm Wishes Toy drive and socks, mittens, hats, scarfs drive - Dec 6th - 17th. The winning house will participate in a dodgeball tournament and all other houses can pay to attend the tournament.
- Remind students about Spelling Bee Dec 10th. Leaders can earn points for their House by participating in the SpellingBee. Ask if anyone is already participating, and give them a round of applause for stepping up and participating.
- Class Dojo Points and where each house is in the Standings- the points will restart at the end of the 9 weeks and the winning house will receive a party with refreshments.
- Reminders of your House Responsibilities and ask for students to share how they have been representing their house.
- Encourage students to pass their quarter exams to earn points for their house.
RC COLA (Randle, Campbell) - Social/Emotional Support Team
XEllO Lesson Completion Awards
YMLA's Social/Emotional Team Challenged advisory classes to "Be Kind with Their Future"! Leaders completed all of their Xello Lessons and were rewarded with a pizza party from counselors RC COLA. Congratulations to the first 3 advisory classes to meet the challenge.
Deidre Johnson-Science Teacher
Brian Witkowicz-Theatre Arts Teacher
Chief Thomas-Junior Core Cadet Teacher