September 11, 2020
Mask and Face Covering Guidelines
All face masks or face coverings should:
• Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin.
• Fit securely against both sides of the face.
How many masks should I provide for my child?
We recommend at least 2. One will be worn when the student arrives to school, but a back-up should be sent in a sealed plastic bag kept in the backpack. If one gets dirty during the school day, we'll switch out the masks and send the soiled one home to be laundered.
We thank you for sending our Patriots to school with masks and the other appropriate materials to ensure safety and academic success.
CAFETERIA: BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
Effective Tuesday, September 8
Earlier this week the USDA granted some additional waiver extensions. One of these extensions is the flexibility to implement the Seamless Summer Option (SSO), which allows us to offer meals at no charge through 12/31/20.
Based on the guidance received from GaDOE, we will be able to offer meals at no charge at ALL school sites.
What this means: (effective Tuesday, September 8, 2020) Face to face instruction – meals are available at no charge to all students.
- Meals will be available for pick-up Monday – Thursday from 11:00-12:30. Thursday’s pick-up will include meals for both Thursday and Friday.
- Curbside Pick-up – meals are available to anyone 18 or under at no charge and the child does not need to be a GCPS student. (curbside service is still Monday through Thursday)
- You will need to wear a mask when on campus.
- Food Pick-up will be in the bus lane.
Please make sure you continue to apply for Free & Reduced meals so your child will have meal benefits when the waiver expires on December 31, 2020.
Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
SEL is how adults and children understand and manage emotions, set & achieve positive goals, feel & show empathy for others, maintain positive relationships and make responsible decisions.
Parents and teachers teach these skills on a daily basis already!
Your kids are receiving SEL lessons every week from their teacher and from counseling lessons
When you arrive to the school please have your Photo ID out and ready to show at the door Buzz In System. We will bring your student to you.
· Students, staff and visitors must wear a face mask when in the building.
· School visits are limited to registration time; by appointment only.
· The Visitors Management System (VMS), or “Buzz-in” system, will be used. ALL parents and other school visitors will be required to state the purpose of the visit before gaining access to the school building.
· Visitors will not be permitted in the building this year. Guests will be permitted to enter the reception area to conduct business that cannot be conducted over the phone. We strongly encourage the use of phone and/or email to conduct school business. Should this not be possible, school business beyond the reception area must be conducted by appointment only.