Retiring after 32 years with Verizon
A look back in time to 1983
- Cabbage Patch kids are released.
- Ronnie introduces 'Star Wars'
- "Just Say No" is the new tool to combat growing drug use in the US.
- Camcorders are introduced.
- US invades Grenada after coup on the island, more medals are handed out during the invasion than during the entire Vietnam war.
- The final episode of M*A*S*H airs, advertising cost more than during the Super Bowl that year, and surpassing the record Dallas set for most viewers.
- Sally Ride becomes first American woman in space, June 18th on the Challenger.
- Compact discs are first released.
- U.S Embassy is bombed in Beirut, killing 40 people.
- Australia wins the America's Cup for the first time in 132 years.
- Fake Hitler diaries surface.
- The Tylenol Murders happen in Chicago.
- Last DeLoreans produced.
- Bob Hawke becomes Prime Minister of Australia. The first Labor PM in nine years.
- French scientist Dr. Luc Montagnier discovered HIV.
- Stephen Lazalde began his Telecommunications career.