Lil' Bobcat Parent Newsletter
Lakeview Elementary - We Know Every Child by Name & by Need
December 1, 2017
Hello Lakeview Families!
This is such an exciting time for our students and teachers. The Holidays always bring special energy into the building. Our teachers and staff are using this special energy to continue to focus on instruction. While the month does have a lot of fun activities and events, in the classrooms students are still working hard and will be engaged in learning each day.
Holiday Fun for Students and Teachers
SAVE THE DATE! CALLING ALL SCIENTISTS!
Science Night is right around the corner! On Tuesday, January 30th, Lakeview will be hosting our Science Fair with a special presentation by Mad Science. We encourage you to begin talking to your student about possible experiments over the holiday season. Be looking for more information and permission slips coming home soon!
Bright Bytes Technology Survey
Lakeview has partnered with BrightBytes - an educational research organization - to explore our use of technology for learning. We invite you to answer a few questions about your technology use and that of your student. It should take less than 5 minutes to complete on any device with internet access. Please click here to take the survey.
Nominate a Teacher as an Exemplar Educator!
November/December Learner Quality - Questioning
Principal Book of the Month
Save the Date!
From Mrs. Lewis
- Tuesday, December 5, Choir Holiday Performance at 6:00 pm in the gym. All are welcome!
- Friday, December 8, Choir Holiday Tour of the Community during the school day and Performance for the school at 2:10 pm in the gym. All are welcome!
- Thursday, December 14, Second Grade Holiday Performance at 8:15 am in the gym.
- Thursday, December 21, First Grade “Christmas Around the World” Performance at 8:15 am in the gym.
12/11 - Spelling Bee 8:15
12/21 and 12/22 - Classroom Holiday Parties and Early Release
12/22 - 3-5th Grade Ultimate Book Challenge 8:15
12/22 - End of the 3rd Grading Period and the 1st Semester
12/22 - All items from Lost and Found Donated
12/25 - 1/8 - Winter Break
Absence notes are due no more than 3 days after the date of the absent. After 3 days, the absence will be marked as unexcused.
PTA Membership Toolkit
A huge thank you to our Lakeview PTA for all they do to support Lakeview! Remember anyone can join PTA...grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends.
Lakeview students and staff benefit from the most AMAZING PTA. The support of our PTA provides to our Lakeview learning community with the tools and resources to help each child be successful. Thank you in advance to all of our PTA members and especially our PTA president and board members!
Join PTA Today!
Arrival and Dismissal
Facebook and Social Media
1. Think before you post, your words have power.
2.Do not post pictures or information of children who are not yours. Privacy is important so do not post pictures or information about other students without parent permission.
3. If you have a question regarding events or information regarding Lakeview, your best bet is to always email your child's teacher or call the front office.
4. If you are unhappy with a situation or would like to share a concern, please always email your child's teacher or contact our front office.
5. Finally, stay positive. No one benefits when community members disagree on line.
Lakeview's Vision, Beliefs, and Mission
Principal, Mary Seltzer
twitter - @MEFSeltzer
Assistant Principal, Erika Oster
Counselor, Penny Lowe