Memorial Elementary PTO
Meeting Minutes for March 10, 2015
Kathy Danzi, Polly Murphy, Kerry DeRubbo, Paula George, Leslee Davies, Sandi Burda, Jennifer Heintz, Craig & Sarah Pace, Carrie Miller, Amy Francis, Jodi Jackson, Lindsey Glass, Janis Casto, Troy & Kristin Tharp, Lisa Pieters, Megan Pendleton, John & Heather Novak, Julie Dombrowski, Jen Rykard, Melissa Cibulskis, Catherine Danko, Christina Miller, Alicia Watkins, Beth Keller and Debra Misecko.
Budget & Old Business
- Reviewed last month meeting minutes
- PTO Budget - Carnival came in with a profit of $4,605.82! That is $1,605.82 over our budgeted $3,000! YAY!
- Kathy Danzi will be contacted by email the teachers will money still left in our account for Room Parent Allotment to let them know they have money to use.
- Carnival was obviously a success! Look out for a letter coming home to acknowledge the local businesses that supported Carnival so you can support them!
- Backpacks & Snacks - a letter will have come home (if not already) to request non perishable items for donation to send home for Spring Break. Anything is appreciated.
- SNL is coming! 4th & 5th Grade Parents Mark your calendars for April 11th! Forms due by 3/13 if your child is planning on attending.
- TV Turn off Week is coming in April. We are planning on a Barnes & Nobles Night, Earth Day and much more.
- Junior Achievement (JA) - Rose Gordon from JA spoke tonight about JA at Memorial. Paula George is JA Coordinator for our school. We are in need of volunteers for 4th grade. Please contact Paula at 219-617-5392 or email@example.com if interested.
- Our Math Bowl came in 3rd Place and 20th place in State. YAY to go kids! Thanks to Mrs. Mumaw and Mrs. Watkins for training and working with these young talented kids!
- Circle of the State went very well! Thank you Mrs. Larson for all your hard work!
- We have students that have their art work in display at The Arts a Budding at the VU Chapel. Amazing!
- IREAD3 practice test will be Thursday. Actually testing will be on Friday and Monday
- Next round of ISteps will begin April 27th
Dates to Remember
- 3/12 - 5 Guys Family Night
- 3/13 - SNL permission slips due
- 3/16 - Backpack and snacks donations due
- 3/23-27 - SPRING BREAK
- 4/11 - SNL
- 4/14 - PTO Meeting 3:30pm
- 4/17 - Snow Make-up Day
- 4/20-24 - TV Turnoff Week