Dalai Lama Fellows
Ethical, Contemplative, Compassionate Social Change
STANFORD STUDENTS - APPLY NOW
We are looking for globally minded citizens who passionately want to build a more harmonious, peaceful, and sustainable world. More than ever, our individual ability to thrive – indeed survive – is interwoven with the destinies of others. As a Fellow, you:
- Design and launch a project to address a significant challenge in your community;
- Travel 2x to the Ethical Leadership Assembly (ELA) near San Francisco to connect with Fellows from around the world and to deepen your leadership capacity;
- Receive up to $10,000 in funding for your project and travel to the ELA; and,
Participate in a distinctive, year-long curriculum with ongoing, personalized support from staff and seasoned professionals from the private and social sectors.
To learn more: http://dalailamafellows.org/.
To be eligible to apply, a candidate must be:
- Enrolled as a full-time student at Stanford during Fellowship year*
- Able to attend the ELA from June 30 - July 7, 2013 and again in June 2014
- Available to refine project plan and plan travel logistics with Dalai Lama Fellows Program Directors between selection date and the ELA
- Able to dedicate sufficient time during the school year for the proposed project, three monthly 90 minute calls organized by program staff, and monthly reflective prompts from our curriculum
Dalai Lama Fellows, a unique global program personally authorized by His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, envisions and works towards a world that tends to the good of the whole as well as of the individual. We do this by guiding a global network of young social entrepreneurs to deepen their effectiveness by integrating secular ethics, contemplative values, and compassion.