Distribution and Assessment Updates
August 19, 2020
Distribution Updates for August 20
We are getting very excited to see some of you tomorrow for our technology and supply distribution. Some things to expect tomorrow:
- Two stops on your trip - one for technology and one for supplies
- You will receive a lot of supplies/books and materials. They are bagged up for you but you may want to bring an extra set of hands to help carry more than one set of materials
- If you are picking up technology you will need to turn in or complete the technology user agreement. We will have a copy machine available to give you a copy. If you would like to fill it out before you come tomorrow you can access it by clicking here.
- We will have to sign-on to each device before leaving to ensure everything is working correctly (we will have all password cards and info for this available).
- The entire process, pending technology working (fingers crossed) should take about 10 minutes.
Some things that you will be getting while you are here:
- Password cards for parents and for students. Parents will get their Q sign in along with all information on how to register for Schoology. Students will get all of their username and password info as well.
- Text books that students will need for reading, math and some grade levels have added their social studies materials.
- A full supply kit that is provided by the district
- All 3rd-5th grade students will get a Chromebook for use.
- Some K-2 families have let us know they need a device as well until all of our new iPads arrive. We definitely have enough technology for those families that have already let us know. We should have enough for everyone so please ask while you are here.
A few things that will make tomorrow easier for you and for us:
- Please plan on parking in the north parking lot (near the construction).
- Come around the north end of the building and we will be on the playground/blacktop area.
- Technology will be distributed near room 19 (far north end of the building) and supplies distributed near the gym.
- Please help us by practicing social distancing and other safety procedures. We all would love to give everyone high fives, fist bumps and hugs but as things currently are we will not be able to. Thank you for your understanding of this. We look forward to the day handshakes and high fives are encouraged again.
Last, if you have not signed up for a time yet it is not to late. Click here to sign-up for a time to come and see us.
Assessment Information for Next Week
To begin the school year, we traditionally do a variety of assessments to understand where students are at academically. This allows us to support students’ needs in a much better way. As with everything to begin this year we are having to modify how this will look.
We are going to invite students into the building in small groups and provide a socially distant opportunity for students to take their assessments. To do this in a socially distanced format we are going to ask families to sign-up for a 1/2 day next week with limited slots for each grade level.
Due to the amount of students and that length of some of the assessments, 2nd - 5th grade will have 1/2 day opportunities on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 1st grade students will have assessment opportunities on Tuesday or Wednesday. Kindergarten students will all come on Thursday. We encourage families to sign-up all of their children on the same 1/2 day so you do not have to make multiple trips. If scheduling all of your children on the same 1/2 day presents a problem, please reach out and let us know and we can make some accommodations for you.
To help some of our families with this we will have district bus transportation for those students that are normally eligible for transportation. They will run each 1/2 day to support those students. We will send that transportation information on Friday of this week. For all other students that would normally walk or get a ride we will need the support from our families to help get the students to school safely.
If you and your family do not feel comfortable having your student come to school due to COVID-19 reasons please reach out to Mr. Ford and we will make the necessary accommodations to have the assessment(s) done at home. You can email him at email@example.com.
Open House and Ways to be Involved
Another meeting scheduled for next week is our School Accountability Committee Meeting. This is a group of parents, community members and staff that collaborate on making some decisions on Audubon related things.
If you would be interested in being part of the School Accountability Committee please plan to join us virtually on Thursday evening at 6:00. Info will be available on more specifics on Friday.