Cottonwood Creek Cougar Chronicle
May 28, 2021
At Cottonwood Creek, we value...
- Differences. We recognize and celebrate each individual for their diversity.
Authentic and relevant learning experiences that promote independence, curiosity, creativity and critical thinking for ALL.
Perseverance, patience and relationships built around empathy and kindness.
Collaborative learning for both staff and students.
Physical and psychological safety.
Final 2020-21 Message from your Principal, Katie Johnson
As the school year has come to an end, I feel a sense of accomplishment. I am so honored to be the principal of Cottonwood Creek and a part of the Cherry Creek School District. When we returned to school in August, I remember acknowledging the fact that many of us were returning to school with mixed emotions. I knew if we worked collaboratively, this year would be a success. Throughout this school year, we honored different perspectives, values, feelings and experiences. We worked together to make the 2020-21 school year a year full of opportunities for students to connect, engage and learn.
This year was unlike any year in the past. Together, we navigated the Covid-19 pandemic and the growing awareness of the racial inequalities and injustices in our country. Our school district was committed to deepening our understanding of these issues and addressing them, and our staff was committed to providing a safe space for all our students to their authentic selves. I couldn't be more proud to to be the principal of Cottonwood Creek and a part of the Cherry Creek School District.
As I have said many times, thank you for your unwavering support. The past 15 months has had it's share of challenges, and we couldn't have accomplished everything we did with you and your support. I hope you are able to find time this summer to enjoy your loved ones, and we look forward to seeing you all in August.
Please know that I will send a Cottonwood Creek Cougar Chronicle in early August. This message will communicate specifics about the return to school, so please watch for this communication in early August. In the meantime, here are a few Save the Dates:
- Class Placements: You will receive an email the week of August 9th with a welcome message from your child's 2021-22 classroom teacher.
- Teacher Meet and Greet: Please join us on Thursday, August 12th between the hours of 2-4pm. During this time, you are invited to bring your child to school to see their classroom, drop off supplies, and meet the teacher. This will also be an opportunity to connect with other Cottonwood Creek Families. More details will come in August.
- Family Connection Meetings: At Cottonwood Creek, we value relationships built around empathy and kindness and collaboration. We had the opportunity to meet virtually with each family at the start of this school year since we were not able to have Teacher Meet and Greet. This is something we'd like to continue in addition to Teacher Meet and Greet. After class placements are shared in August, each family will have an opportunity to sign up for a Family Connection Meeting with their child's teacher(s). There will be in person options as well as virtual sign up times to accommodate all families. Please watch for this information in August.
- Back to School Information: We will move to an all virtual Back to School "night". Information regarding curriculum, specific grade level experiences and expectations will all be available asynchronously the Friday before school starts in August. Families will have the opportunity to view and revisit this information at any time during the school year. We believe that this model will allow families with multiple children to receive the information for each of their child's classrooms. We also believe this model will allow our families who join us after the start of the year to receive the information for their child's classrooms.
We hope that you find these back to school opportunities to be more personal and authentic. We truly value your collaboration. It is our hope that between Teacher Meet and Greet, Family Connection Meetings and the Virtual Back to School Information Slides that our school year will begin on a positive note with authentic relationships.
Katie Johnson, Principal
We wish you a wonderful summer!
Teachers will be on summer break now through Monday, August 9th. During this time, teachers will not be responding to emails or phone calls. Thank you for allowing our staff to enjoy their well deserved summer break.
2021-22 Cherry Creek School District Calendar
Lost and Found
All of the Lost and Found items have been photographed and can be viewed HERE.
To claim an item text Kim at (303.720.4076) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). For clothes, include the number on the masking tape in the picture. If you would prefer to come and peruse the collection, it's in my garage! All remaining items will be donated on June 1st.
Deadline has been extended to July 8th!
As we continue to prepare for the 2021-22 school year, please review the following information:
- Address Information: Have you recently moved or are planning to? Please remember to update your address. You can submit your new lease agreement or deed of trust along with a current Xcel bill and a copy of your drivers license to the Registrar’s office (email@example.com), and we will send it on to the Admissions Department for verification. It’s extremely important to keep your home address and contact information current in order to continue receiving important communications from Cottonwood and the District.
- Are You Moving or Switching Schools? If you are moving, and your student will not be attending Cottonwood, or if your student will be attending another school for any other reason prior to the end of our school year, you must withdraw your student from Cottonwood. Please contact the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain the necessary withdrawal paperwork. We will be happy to work with you to ensure your student’s records are forwarded to their new school.
- 5th Grade Families NOT Continuing to Campus Middle School: For students that will attend either a private or another school public that is not our feeder (CMS), please email the Registrar’s office (email@example.com) with the name of the school your student will be attending so we can ensure records are sent to the appropriate school this summer.
Support in your Native Language
English:Please contact (name of liaison) at (email) for support with this resource in your language.
Amharic: እነዝህን መረጃዎችን በተመለከተ በቋንቋዎ ዕገዛን ለማግኘት ከፈለጉ እባክዎን ተሊሌን በዝህ እሜይል ያግኙዋትthirpa@cherrycreekschools.org
Korean: 귀하의 언어로 이 자원에 대한 지원을 원하시면 (리아 리) 에게 (firstname.lastname@example.org) 로 문의하십시오.
Russian: Пожалуйста, обращайтесь к Ларисе Бака по адресу: email@example.com для получения поддержки с помощью этого ресурса на своём языке.
Somali: Fadlan la xiriir Omar Nur cinwaanka firstname.lastname@example.org si aad u hesho macluumaad ku qoran luqadaada.
Spanish: Si necesita ayuda con este recurso en su idioma, póngase en contacto con Ilse Chavez Maldonado en email@example.com, Rosa Han en firstname.lastname@example.org, Helena Gognat en email@example.com o Milagro Nuanes en firstname.lastname@example.org
Vietnamese: Vui lòng liên hệ với Thuý Ngọc tại Lchung2@cherrycreekschools.org để được hỗ trợ về tài nguyên này bằng tiếng Việt.