Campus Parent Communication - January 8, 2021
Lifetouch Picture Day Retake Information Thursday, 1/14/2020
Picture Retakes are for any student that fits the following criteria:
- Students who did not have their picture taken the first session on 10/16/20 due to being absent
- Students who are new to Vaughan since 10/16/20
- At-home learners who did not come to Vaughan to have their picture taken on 10/16/20
- Students who are purchasing a packet for the first time.
- Students who purchased a packet, but would like the pictures retaken (original packet must be turned in at the time the new picture is taken).
To order, go to mylifetouch.com and enter
Picture Day ID: EVTNVGD6R
No form necessary!
Students will receive a packet with a proof from this picture session that you can preview and then order from, if you prefer. However, no retakes will be available.
Specifics for At-Home Learners
- Retakes for at-home learners will begin at 10:00 am and end at 11:30 am (no Sign-Up Genius this time).
- The Lifetouch camera will be set up inside door #16, located on the gym side of the parking lot.
- Vehicles will line up along the curb. Please remain in the car line and pull up as space allows.
- No one should park and walk up to the door for safety reasons.
- Students will remain in their vehicle until it is their turn to have their photo taken. A staff member will be stationed at the door to assist.
- Students will enter & exit side door #16, one at a time.
There will be no other photo opportunities the remainder of this school year. This photo will be in the yearbook so we hope you will be able to participate!
Thank you for helping us make this a safe experience for everyone!
2021 Allen Eagle Run - Registration is Now Open! February 27 - March 3, 2021
Now in its 13th year, this annual Allen event benefits the Foundation For Allen Schools, and all proceeds directly fund classroom grants, teacher and student scholarships, Allen PTA programs and campus projects.
For complete details, please visit:
Expectations for AT-HOME Learners
As we have returned from the break, I want to take a moment to re-establish some expectations for success in ‘At-Home’ learning. Below are ‘At-Home’ learning expectations for all students. Students must be actively engaged in the learning for the entirety of class. Active engagement includes the following:
- Logged into the Google Meet or Zoom at the start of class and remain in the meet for the entirety of all synchronous learning times
- Cameras must be on for the entirety of class. In addition, students need to show their entire face...we should not just see part of it or backgrounds.
- Students will complete and submit all assignments by the due date
- Students are expected to attend all asynchronous small group/intervention as assigned by the teacher
- Complete activities assigned in music, PE, and art each week
Please remind your child of these expectations. We are here to ensure your child is successful. Let us know if you have any questions or we can help in any way.
Damaged school issued computer or device?
Should your school-issued computer become damaged, please submit a help ticket here, https://allenisd.on.spiceworks.com/portal/tickets
We will then be able to get you a replacement while repairs are being made.
The school will then create an invoice and send it to you to pay for the damage, repairs, or a replacement through SchoolPay.
Should you have further questions about this process, please let us know.
Reminder - Steam Ambassador Tutoring - Grades 5 & 6
STEAM Ambassadors will provide flexible, one on one online peer tutoring services to students in grades 5-12 with homework help and science and math concept comprehension.
This tutoring is available for in-person AND virtual learners.
Assist students with math and science concepts through virtual tutoring sessions.
Provide accessible student support that would typically be offered in a face to face setting but has become increasingly difficult as students learn away from campus.
Establish a virtual tutoring model that successfully addresses the diverse needs of learners across Allen ISD.
Who are the tutors?
Tutors are 10th-12th grade STEAM Ambassadors that excel in science and math.
STEAM Ambassadors were chosen by board members, administrators, and teachers during an extensive interview process last spring.
Tutors have completed classroom observations and were trained on best instructional practices.
Please visit the STEAM Ambassador website to learn more about the leadership program and tutoring
How to sign up:
**Parents and students may view available times for tutoring sessions and sign up for a session here**
Students can learn about the available tutors by viewing their bios.
Students will sign up for a session at least 24 hours in advance, providing details regarding material they would like to cover during the session. Additionally, graded quizzes/assignments, homework, etc. can be submitted here for the tutor to review in detail with the student (reworking missed questions, clarifying/reteaching when necessary)
Prior to the first tutoring session a parent/guardian permission slip will be submitted
ATTENTION PARENTS OF CURRENT VAUGHAN ELEMENTARY 6TH GRADERS (Reminder)
GREETINGS FROM THE NURSE!
I want to be proactive in helping your 6th grader prepare for 7th grade enrollment as deadlines will start to pop up much faster than you think!
Please pay close attention to the following information regarding vaccine requirements:
As soon as your student has had these immunizations please turn in the documentation to the Vaughan school nurse by hand, fax, or email. This will make the registration process for Middle School much easier.
- Individual notices will be sent out in January, February, March, April, and May reminding those students who still need to turn in proof of the above vaccines.
- After this initial notice, if you do not receive a notice, your student’s vaccines are current for 7th grade entry and no action is required.
If you do not currently have a family doctor or are unsure of where to take your student, you may consider the following option:
Collin County Health Care Services
Monday thru Friday: 7:30a – 11:00a and 1:00p – 4:00p
825 N. McDonald Street # 130, McKinney, TX 75069
Direct Line (972) 548-5532
• A complete shot record is required for all children’s immunizations & school nurse’s note alone WILL NOT be accepted.
• Cost ranges from $5 - $14 per shot per child.
• Medicaid / CHIPS are accepted but you MUST bring your current update for Medicaid & bring your CHIPS card with you.
• Cash or in-state check ONLY will be accepted. No credit or debit cards are accepted.
• All clinics are on a first come first serve basis.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Reminder - Vaughan Yearbook
Please see the information below from our yearbook coordinators -
We are so happy to have 'At-Home' learners and 'In-Person' learners this year! If you have an 'At-Home' learner, we would love to have pictures of your student learning at home! If you take any pictures please submit them to the link below.
Send pictures to - https://images.jostens.com/415573965.
Also, any parents that have first day of school pictures please send them our way following the directions above! We would love to have as many pictures of your student as we can this year!
Lastly, if you want to order a yearbook please order it through Josten's website. Click HERE to order now or click on the QR code.
We are so excited to have such an amazing year at Vaughan!
Thank you for all you are doing for your student, it is truly appreciated!
REMINDER - Allen ISD Resources
For the 2020–2021 school year, Allen ISD has compiled additional resources for our families. These resources are available on the Allen ISD website and can be accessed through the following links:
Upcoming Dates and Reminders
- Join Vaughan PTA- Please consider joining the Vaughan PTA to contribute to your child's school. Membership gives you access to our PTA online Membership Toolkit, ways to connect with Vaughan families through social media, and supports our school. https://vaughanpta.membershiptoolkit.com/packet-start/2046
Save the Date!
January 14th - Picture Retakes
February 12th - Valentine Exchange
February 27 - March 3, 2021 - Allen Eagle Run