Monday Morning Message
March 10, 2014
CES Family Carnival Night a HUGE Success!!
I cant' say enough about the success of our first Family NIght!! CES pulled together as a team and created a night of fun for our families! I appreciate the hard work that each of you put into making this event possible. Rough estimates show we brought in somewhere around $5,200 before expenses. A big thanks goes out to our PTS for providing the concessions for the evening! Ms. Page sent out a survey regarding this event. Please take a few minutes to respond.
The cafeteria was a "happening place" as families strolled through the silent auction items and enjoyed the concessions stand!
PTS worked hard serving up some great carnival food!
The face painting booth had a line at all times! The kids loved it!
Lunch With Loved Ones Lunch Schedule Changes
2nd grade Lunch With Loved Ones will be held on Thursday. Several lunch times will be altered. Please watch for an email later today with Thursday's lunch times.
Focus Book Study
Please bring your Focus book to the Staff Gathering on Tuesday. We will discuss the following:
Chapter 1: The Importance of Simplicity, Clarity and Priority
- Have we ---all practitioners-- made a thorough case for the three priorities listed on page 10-11? Have we made the case for the stunning and immediate impact that these priorities would have on student learning and college and career preparation? How could we do this?On what occasions? How often should we revisit, clarify and reinforce these priorities?
- How are the examples on page 12-13 (dealing with coaching and surgical hygiene) analogous to the simple, rich opportunity to improve schools?
- Why would it make sense to use something like the "warning" on page 14?
Chapter 2: What We Teach
- Does the description of 21st century education make sense to you? What benefits would it have for students if we embraced it?
- Why is content essential to critical thinking?
- Why are parameters like those listed on page 39-40 so vital to the consistent implementation of authentic literacy practices across the curriculum?