The Hilltop Times January 2023
"We Believe...Success for ALL!"
From Principal Adams
As always, we cannot do what we do without the support of parents and community. We encourage you to stay connected by visiting our school website and interacting with our school page on Class Dojo, Facebook, and Twitter. Reviewing your child's grades on Parent Portal continues to be an expectation so you can monitor their growth and consult with your child's teacher to address any declines before the end of the grading period. Volunteering in your child's classroom or around the school is always encouraged, especially males who would like to participate in R1 CHAMPS, the district's new initiative to incorporate positive male role models on campus. Volunteers must undergo a South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) background check and a Department of Social Services (DSS) Child Abuse Registry check. Men who are interested in volunteering for the R1 CHAMPS initiative can click here to sign up. For more information, contact Kerry Abel at 803-231-7182, 803-553-0072 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open communication continues to be one of my core values. If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions please contact me at the school at 803-783-5545.
- Wednesday, January 11th - Early Literacy/STAR Reading (Grades K-5)
- Thursday, January 12th - 2nd Quarter Report Cards distributed
- Friday, January 13th - Early Release at 11:00am
- Monday, January 16th - No School: MLK Holiday
- Wednesday, January 18th - STAR Math (Grades 1-5)
- Wednesday, January 25th - Awards Assemblies (K-2 @ 8:15 and 3-5 @ 9:15)
Midyear STAR Testing
2022-2023 Parent and Student Handbook
See below for the English and Spanish versions of the 2022-2023 Parent and Student Handbooks which provide general information about our school, behavior expectations, ways to communicate, and instruction-related topics. Please contact the school if you need a hard copy sent home with your child.
- Maintain a regular bed time and morning routine.
- If your child seems reluctant to go to school, find out why and talk to teachers or school counselor for ways to support them.
- Contact the school counselor if you are experiencing tough times such as unstable housing, transportation, or health problems so we can offer support.
- When possible, avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session.
In the event of an absence, please use the link below to turn in parent notes/excuses:
RCSD 1 Winter 2023 Career Fair
Saturday, January 28, 2023
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Keenan High School
361 Pisgah Church Road
Columbia, SC 29203
Click the job fair photo to register for this event if you are interested in joining Richland School District One as a certified or classified employee.
Contact Dr. Felicia Richardson at email@example.com for more information.