By. Arionna Atkinson
The Importance of breakfast
Three examples of a healthy breakfast
2. 1 small whole-wheat bagel, 1 ounce reduced-fat cheese or 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter, plus 1 cup fresh fruit (like sliced strawberries).
3. Omelet made with 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1/2 cup vegetables, and 1 ounce reduced-fat cheese, served on 100% whole-grain English muffin.
2. 1 small whole wheat bagel is healthy because it has (384 calories, 65 grams carbohydrate, 12.3 grams fiber, 20 grams protein, 6 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 654 mg sodium.)
3. Omelet is healthy because it has (288 calories, 35 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams fiber, 28 grams protein, 6 grams fat, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 724 mg sodium.)
Guidelines for healthy snacking
.• Calorie limits: ° Snack items: ≤ 200 calories ° Entree items: ≤ 350 calories • Sodium limits: ° Snack items: ≤ 230 mg** ° Entree items: ≤ 480 mg • Fat limits: ° Total fat: ≤35% of calories ° Saturated fat: < 10% of calories ° Trans fat: zero grams • Sugar limit: ° ≤ 35% of weight from total sugars in foods
Five examples of healthy snacks
.a cup of blueberries
.cottage cheese and fruit
Examples of why each snack is healthy
2. Blueberries are healthy because they have vitamin C
3. Milk is healthy because it has
4. Cottage cheese and food is healthy because it has vitam\in b12 in it.
5. Carrot juice is also healthy because it has vitamin E
Nuts, Popcorn, Grapes, Sweet Potato Chips, and Clementines are good healthy snacks you can eat though out the day.