HRVHS Weekly Updates
Friday June 4th, 2021
Hello HRVHS Families,
Next week is our last full week of school, please log into HAC with your student to check on their progress. Keep in mind that students will not have the ability to earn credit after this school year on any passed Incomplete grades. Teachers are available to connect with and support students with these Incompletes so that they can earn credit and stay on track towards graduation. Check with your students counselor, ELC teacher, or call the office with any questions about this.
Counseling Department Update
🎓 The countdown has begun! Next week is GRADUATION for the Class of 2021. If you have any concerns regarding your student’s academic progress towards graduation, please reach out to your student’s counselor. Please keep in mind that we are having summer school this year. If your student does not meet all graduation requirements, summer school is an option for them to finish up.
🎓 Most end-of-the-year and graduation information for seniors will be shared in ELC. Encourage your student to attend ELC and be on time. This is very important for the next two weeks. We do not want them to miss any important information!
After School Support
Study halls and academic support time is offered Monday-Friday from 1-3pm. Check in with your student's ELC teacher, if you would like the to stay. Transportation is provided.
HRVHS Activities & Events
Please continue to check out student happenings on the HRVHS Activities Page
Daily Morning Announcements
Students review these daily in ELC, but families can also visit our website hrvhs.com to view the morning announcements.
AP Art Exhibit- OPENS TODAY!
Class of 2021- Graduation Friday June 11th at HRVHS- Henderson Stadium
Details are as follows:
Graduation Ceremony: Friday, June 11 at 6:00 – 8:30 pm at Henderson Stadium.
The venue will open to guests at 5pm.
Each HRVHS graduate with receive four tickets for the graduation ceremony. Individuals may only attend the graduation ceremony with a ticket. The ceremony will be held outside, and face coverings will be encouraged for all individuals.
- Tickets will be distributed to seniors at the final graduation practice on the morning of June 11th.
- Parents, family, and friends must have a ticket to gain entrance to the campus. Tickets will be collected.
- Special care will be taken to preserve the new turf field.
- No food or drink, balloons, or spike heeled shoes. In the event of rain, please do not bring an umbrella.
- It would obstruct the view of others.
- A professional photographer will be taking photos of each graduate as they receive their diploma.
- Photos will be free online at hrvhs.com.
Families in need of handicapped access should contact the senior class advisors in advance in order to secure the best accommodation. Handicapped parking will be near the ticket booth and the stadium bathroom.
Changes to the 2021- 2022 School Year
Students will have fewer classes/teachers to manage per term
Students will attend each class daily
Increases instructional time for students over the course of the year
Aligns with CGCC academic calendar and improves access to expanded options and dual credit courses
Improves students’ ability to participate in internships, cooperative work experiences, and CTE field experiences
Allows for an expedited response to academic intervention, as needed
Students can earn up to 7.5 credit per year (30 credits over four years), which is above the graduation requirement of 26.5 credits
There are still quite a few logistics to plan around, and we are busy working through these changes. Some things you can count on are as follows:
- Students will attend 5 classes per day
- Class time will be about 70 minutes
- Eagle Learning Communities will remain in some capacity
- Mondays will still be late starts
- We will still be able to use student forecasting information to create student schedules
More information will follow as it becomes available. We appreciate your patience with this process.